1. Kayako Download customers: we will continue to develop and support Kayako Download beyond July 2017, alongside the new Kayako for existing customers.

Find out more.

2. The forum you are viewing relates to Kayako Classic. If you signed up or upgraded to the new Kayako (after the 4th July 2016), the information in this thread may not apply to you. You can visit the forums for the new Kayako here.

New Kayako - decision beyond comprehension

Discussion in 'Upgrading to the new Kayako' started by Peter Kratky, Jul 5, 2016.

1. Peter Kratky

Peter Kratky New Member

After evaluating the trial of new Kayako I see no real option to close the gap between the old and new Kayako.
    It all seems like a bad joke. In other words, new Kayako is no go for us and probably many other customers.

This is simply not an extension to the existing Kayako, but a new product with substantially less functionality.

Pricing? Ridiculous. Considering what the new Kayako actually does and actual SaaS Kayako availability in the past it is complete no-go. No contract fines can compensate for inaccessible support and lost data.

Innerplanet and Mimue like this.
  2. Jamie Edwards

Jamie Edwards Staff Member

Hey Peter, thanks for taking the time to post.
    Could you let me know which parts are missing from the new Kayako that are present in Kayako 4? We know we've got a bunch of things to add still, and we are doing so, but I can get more specific if I understand your use case.

Just in case you missed it, regarding the pricing, as an existing perpetual Kayako Download customer, your upgrade pricing includes discounts as high as 75% on what you see on our website. If you log in to your my.kayako.com, you'll find all the information including the upgrade offer and migration options.

3. Phil R

Phil R Established Member

Two quite salient question to your reply Jamie.

The pricing is based on a migration within 1-3 months of August 15th if I read that correctly. Can you confirm that delivery of merging/splitting, changing the requester and time tracking to be complete before then?

One thing that is completely missing from the notes is what cannot be migrated from on-prem to the cloud? This one speaks to any potential migration timeline more than you would think.

4. Eric Van Tol

Eric Van Tol Member

If this is true, then what, exactly, is the reasoning behind putting an artificial time limit on Download customers' ability to upgrade? It makes no sense to rush your already angry customers into making a decision that is going to affect their business in a big way.

bfal, voodos, meltemi and 1 other person like this.
  5. Geeshan

Geeshan Member

Some of the functionality Missing
    -Able to print tickets (cases) in a similar format to Kayako Classic
    -Merge/Split Tickets
    -SSO with Kayako Desktop
    -Formatting of accessing HelpDesk on Kayako Desktop
    -Kayako Desktop no longer brings up a persons ticket when dialing in (voip integration through Kayako Desktop_
    -Unable to view all users for an organization efficiently
    -Unable to view all Organizations efficiently
    -Unable to Create custom report and report schedules
    -Unable to respond to tickets/cases via email
    -Email Notifications of Tickets/Ticket Reply's are formatted poorly
    -Case Views don't update automatically, need to refresh the page
    -Kayako Desktop Inline/Floating Engagement functionality no longer exists
    -Unable to push URL to Browser using Kayako Chat