1. Kayako Download customers: we will continue to develop and support Kayako Download beyond July 2017, alongside the new Kayako for existing customers.

Find out more.

New KD not interacting - terrible

Discussion in 'Kayako Desktop' started by NC Software, Aug 7, 2014.

1. NC Software

NC Software Member

On multiple occasions now I connect with the client and I cannot interact with their screen. Looks like you all really screwed this up good!

2. Jamie Edwards

Jamie Edwards Staff Member

Hi Neal

Can you provide a bit more detail around the problem you're facing? Are you talking about Kayako OnSite?

3. NC Software

NC Software Member

Yes, OnSite - no longer reliable

4. NC Software

NC Software Member

It's frustrating Jamie - I have zero confidence in Kayako these days.

5. NC Software

NC Software Member

I had an issue the other day where I couldn't get out of full screen mode and I didn't even select to go into it. I showed the options, checked then deselected full screen mode, did not go into it. Next OnSite went into full screen and I had no way to get out of it. ESC didn't work (I'm using Windows 8.1) and I had to reboot to break the connection. I then start KD and went into settings to find full screen was checked.

6. Jamie Edwards

Jamie Edwards Staff Member

Hi Neal,

Hmm, that's interesting. Kayako OnSite hasn't had any changes for about a year, so I don't think that is the variable there.

But having said that, Kayako OnSite has its deep rooted issues and I'm sorry that these have impacted your experience with Kayako.

It is based on an open-source VNC client which unfortunately itself has not been updated in a while, and has issues. Since VNC itself is being shadowed out by the likes of Team Viewer or LogMeIn and free services like join.me that probably isn't going to improve. Unfortunately, it might have been the wrong horse to get on and remote desktop the wrong thing to dip toes into: there are entire businesses and engineering teams that eclipse ours who just do remote desktop.

Kayako OnSite is intended for light an occasional use; it is limited but OK for the occasional remote desktop session.

For heavier use (and even if targeting multiple platforms and OS versions is important) I definitely recommend using a dedicated tool alongside Kayako. Going forward, our efforts in that area are being focused adding an ability to integrate with a tool that is dedicated to the job, and doing it well.