Notify a third party on ticket submission

Discussion in 'Installation and setup (Kayako Download)' started by esowers, Jul 20, 2012.

1. esowers

esowers Established Member

we would like to set it up so tickets submitted to a specific department notify a third-party email that the ticket was submitted.

scenario:
    Our marketing department would like to automatically notify a user's supervisor when a request is submitted. In order to do this I thought the best option would be to create a custom field labeled "supervisors email" and have the user type in the supervisors email. Then once the form is submitted it would possibly CC the supervisor on the autoresponse email (or run an external script to create an email).

From my limited knowledge I imagine creating a Custom - Custom field would be the way to go and script the email myself. Has anyone else done anything like this, or know if its possible within Kayako?

2. Gary McGrath

Gary McGrath Staff Member

Hmm, I think it would be more easy to do this using an external script, as I can't think of an easy way to acheive it inside kayako, at least not without some code hacks.

You would just need a script to do an sqlquery to find all the tickets created in that department within the last say 15minutes, then lookup the user and the custom field, then send an email with the ticket details. then just schedule the script to run every 15 minutes.

Gary

3. esowers

that sounds reasonable.
    Do you think it would be possible to code a "Custom" custom field to automatically run that script when the ticket is submitted?

I guess I'm not completely clear on what the "custom" custom field is used for, or what its capabilities are.

Thanks, and congrats on joining the Kayako Team :)

4. Gary McGrath

Gary McGrath Staff Member

A custom custom field wont be able to acheive that. If you wanted it more automated in kayako, you would actually need to amend the dispatch process, and add in a check saying "is the department xyz", if so, then "lookup user, and then from there the custom email", and then simply dump that additional email addy into the CC routine thats already in the dispatcher

Gary

5. esowers

ahh, great. Thanks for the clarification. We'll start workin on the script :)