1. Kayako Download customers: we will continue to develop and support Kayako Download beyond July 2017, alongside the new Kayako for existing customers.

Find out more.

2. The forum you are viewing relates to Kayako Classic. If you signed up or upgraded to the new Kayako (after the 4th July 2016), the information in this thread may not apply to you. You can visit the forums for the new Kayako here.

Number of replies per ticket

Discussion in 'Kayako reports (Kayako Classic)' started by Mercury_Mark, Jun 23, 2015.

1. Mercury_Mark

Mercury_Mark Member

I'm after a report that for a set date range will return the average number of staff replies per closed ticket.

That's for tickets that were closed within the date range.

2. Gary McGrath

Gary McGrath Staff Member

Hi there,

Something like this should do it:

Code:

SELECT AVG('Tickets.Total Replies') AS AverageReplies FROM 'Tickets' WHERE 'Tickets.Resolved Date' > mktime(0,0,0,01,5,2015) AND 'Tickets.Resolved Date' < mktime (23,59,59,12,31,2015)  GROUP BY 'Tickets.Department'

Gary

3. Kirsty

Kirsty New Member

Hi Gary thanks for the reply, we will try these out & get back to you :) Kirsty

4. Mercury_Mark

Mercury_Mark Member

Thanks for your help Gary. Are you able to make an addition to ignore any tickets that received no replies?

5. Mercury_Mark

Mercury_Mark Member

To expand, the results returned from your query gave a number of departments with an average less than 1.

6. Gary McGrath

you could add to the where clause: AND 'Tickets.Total Replies' >= 1

Gary

7. Mercury_Mark

Mercury_Mark Member

That works, thanks. Hopefully last question, how would I exclude replies from customers? Looking for number of staff replies only.

8. Gary McGrath

I think you can add to the where clause: and 'Tickets.Creator' = 'Staff'

Gary

9. Mercury_Mark

Mercury_Mark Member

I tried that, error returned: tickets is not related to ticketposts

10. Mercury_Mark

Mercury_Mark Member

Apologies, it looks like it worked fine. Thanks

11. Mercury_Mark

Mercury_Mark Member

Sorry, spoke too soon. The query does return results, but seems to be missing a lot of data. To check, adding Tickets.Creator' = 'Staff' wouldn't just return tickets that our staff started? I'm looking for all staff replies.

12. Gary McGrath

hmm... I think you would have to run a report against the ticket posts table instead then, this might work:

Code:

SELECT AVG('Tickets.Total Replies') AS AverageReplies FROM 'Tickets' WHERE 'Ticket Posts.Creator' = 'Staff' AND 'Tickets.Resolved Date' > mktime(0,0,0,01,5,2015) AND 'Tickets.Resolved Date' < mktime (23,59,59,12,31,2015)  GROUP BY 'Tickets.Department'

If not, then a new query only using the ticket posts table would be required.

Gary

13. Mercury_Mark

Mercury_Mark Member

The above query returns: Table is not part of available table list: ticketposts

14. Gary McGrath

I think you need KQL 2 for it to work ( e.g. later version of Kayako )

Gary

15. Leanme Dunn

Leanme Dunn New Member

How do you do this report where you just enter in the name of the month?