Offer hidden user/org/case fields

Discussion in 'Feedback and suggestions' started by Phil R, Aug 26, 2016.

1. Phil R

Phil R Established Member

There are a host of field types for User / Org / Cases.

However, the old custom type is missing. I don't so much miss it, but there are some use cases for the item of hidden fields.

This may require additional functionality in places to make it useful, such as the ability to set User / Org field values as an action of a Trigger or Monitor (seems only Case fields support this right now?).

The value of these hidden fields can store a state value and offer very complex journey processing through automation.

I couldn't come up with something too complex, but I did think of the following.

Hidden field on a case, indicating if a satisfaction survey has been issued.

One monitor looks at this and sees the case is over 24 hours old from completion and the value of the hidden field is '' (empty). The action is to send an email (not the normal sat email) and change the case field value to 'OFFER1'.

Second monitor looks at this and sees the case is over 72 hours old from completion and the value of the hidden field is 'OFFER1'. The action is to send a different email and change the value to 'OFFER2'.

On completion of the survey, a hook may call the API and change the value to 'RECEIVED' and maybe even a second hidden field indicating the result.