1. Kayako Download customers: we will continue to develop and support Kayako Download beyond July 2017, alongside the new Kayako for existing customers.

Find out more.

OnSite Discontinued??????

Discussion in 'Kayako Desktop' started by NC Software, May 28, 2015.

1. NC Software

NC Software Member

https://support.kayako.com/News/NewsItem/View/134/the-future-of-kayako-onsite

Is there any way we can route this through our own servers to keep it alive. For example, my Kayako is self-hosted, could we allow a version of KD that allows us to continue to use OnSite as it is today and route the protocols through my server as you're probably discontinuing it on your end? It works fine as is now and we could just freeze the version of KD and never upgrade. I'm not interested in paying the 2-3K required for TeamViewer for our needs minus the measly 5% discount you've arranged.

Very disappointed to hear this.

Last edited: May 28, 2015
  2. Jamie Edwards

Jamie Edwards Staff Member

Hi Neal

Yeah, I'm sorry to break the bad news. You're one of a really small handful of customers actively using OnSite today and again, I'm sorry to disappoint you.

On the discount - while TeamViewer were kind enough to arrange a discount for Kayako customers - something they rarely do - it is indeed small. However, their licenses are perpetual, on the other hand).

Unfortunately we can't package up the daemon as it is too woven into Kayako.

I highly recommend join.me as a robust free remote desktop option, if TeamViewer is too over-the-top. Granted, it is not integrated into Kayako Desktop like OnSite was, but we'll be working on enabling proper integrations with dedicated remote desktop tools.

Last edited: May 28, 2015
  3. Joe Jordan

Joe Jordan Member

As an alternative, I would suggest looking into ScreenConnect. Less than half the price, full of features, and offers self-hosting.

Kayako should really consider adding support for ScreenConnect, as its most in-line with its heritage of offering self-hosted solutions.

Jamie Edwards likes this.