1. Kayako Download customers: we will continue to develop and support Kayako Download beyond July 2017, alongside the new Kayako for existing customers.

Find out more.

Open Source KD?

Discussion in 'Kayako Desktop' started by NC Software, Jul 5, 2016.

1. NC Software

NC Software Member

We still have problems with KD and setting the proper status when set to AWAY. It seems not much time is being put into this product, have you considered open sourcing it?

2. sergioag

sergioag Member

I would spend some time improving it, if they open source it.

3. frankbackes

frankbackes Established Member

I would also highly apreciate having it opensource as there are a lot problems. one is that after beeing logged in for a while sometimes the staff needs to close KD to have his login persistent. Scrolling is not always working and a few more. Additionally now Kayako will go for the Cloud solution and this will probably end up some day that the V4 Download customers will no longer be able to use KD so having it OpenSource would make that the community can keep it alive and so the promised TeamViewer integration could also be done for the V4 Customers.

4. NC Software

NC Software Member

I'm sure Kayako would benefit from it as their KD developer left long ago.

5. Jamie Edwards

Jamie Edwards Staff Member

This is an interesting idea, thank you. We'll evaluate it!

Both KD for Mac and KD for Windows have always been in active development.

6. NC Software

NC Software Member

What the heck are they doing then Jamie? I think I've seen ONE update in several years and that update screwed it up beyond just removing OnSite. Just because someone has the source and stares at it doesn't mean it's in active development. There has been ZERO activity on this product regardless of what story you tell.

Tell me the history of stable releases pushed to customers? Dates?

7. NC Software

NC Software Member

What is the date of the geoip data you offer for download in the my.kayako area and what is the latest available from the source? I had to go find it myself, with Gary's help, a year or more ago as it was well out of date and one source we couldn't even find.

Also, consider adding a link to the release notes next to the download area so I can go read about changes prior to downloading instead of having to google for the release notes page every time. I'm sure I asked for this long ago too.

8. Jamie Edwards

Jamie Edwards Staff Member

Well, in the last 18 months, there's been four releases, two of them pretty major under the hood (fixing some severe stability issues). And of course Kayako Desktop for Mac was built and released, with five updates over that time.

Thanks, we'll check it out.