Org. Instead of User

Discussion in 'Developing, APIs and extending' started by mymobile, Aug 3, 2012.

1. mymobile

mymobile Member

We usually use Kayako for internal use and most of our customers don't even know that the helpdesk exist. I would like to know the following:

1. Is it possible to replace the user with organization in creating tickets and viewing tickets. I know there is a work around by naming your user as an organization but this is just a band-aid solution.

2. In custom fields, is it possible to make a report like show only tickets with "XXX" in custom field.

Thanks!

2. masterctrl1

masterctrl1 Kayako Guru

1. User and Organization are completely different as far as program logic goes, so the answer is No.
    2. Custom field support for Reports has been mentioned on other posts as a planned update, but no date as to when.

3. mymobile

mymobile Member

1. You are right the user and organization are completely different as far as logic goes. But I am wondering if how does other kayako users handle this kind of situation.

One workaround is to put "(Company Name) Name of User" ex. (ACME) John Doe instead of just putting ACME on the name of user so that the user and organization logic stays and for whatever purpose it may serve. :)

2. Although I have standby devs but I will be seeing them maybe after 3-5 days. I just would like to ask if its possible to create a report with the custom field outside of the kayako system?

Thanks

4. masterctrl1

masterctrl1 Kayako Guru

If you primarily use K internally, there is still a value in knowing who submitted a ticket. Your company users can be automatically associated with your organization if their email addresses use a company domain (@companyname.com).
    If your customers start using K in the future, they can be assigned their appropropiate organization. You could also deploy groups to distinguish the two types of users and use groups to determine different functions, rules, etc.
    I don't think you need to put a band-aid on this. Just run as designed and everything will work well now and in the future.