1. Kayako Download customers: we will continue to develop and support Kayako Download beyond July 2017, alongside the new Kayako for existing customers.

Find out more.

2. The forum you are viewing relates to Kayako Classic. If you signed up or upgraded to the new Kayako (after the 4th July 2016), the information in this thread may not apply to you. You can visit the forums for the new Kayako here.

Over 21000 records in table "swnewssubscribers" (cleaning non-isvalidated)

Discussion in 'Using Kayako Classic' started by MvdL79, Feb 12, 2019.

1. bear

bear Kayako Guru

The answer to all issues (throw money at Kayako), again, though I don't see where he mentioned what version he's using. A guess, I suppose.

2. Gurpreet Singh

Gurpreet Singh Staff Member

Hi there,

I'm sorry that you felt it this way. The original requester of this thread was in communication for another issue and thus I knew his Kayako version.

I do check our user database before posting a response to ensure that it resonate to the version they are using and I do not end up posting incorrect info.

3. bear

bear Kayako Guru

You recommend purchasing the subscription and upgrading rather often. Pardon me for thinking that's the point, every time it occurs.
    Here's another post from this same thread by you, posted Tuesday of this week.

4. Gurpreet Singh

Gurpreet Singh Staff Member

Hi there,

Yeah, at that point of time, I wasn't sure about their Kayako domain. We had a ticket for the same concern which I addressed and this is when I got to know about their Kayako version.

I'm just trying to help here so that if someone has same requirements/issue, they can get some help :)

5. bear

bear Kayako Guru

Forgive me for saying so, but "always recommending upgrading" isn't the only way forward. I get you work here, and it's helpful to the company for people to pay for help and so on. If not for the way it was done and the cost, I'd be there too.

Not to beat a dead horse any further, but the new support plans are onerous. I OWN my UNLIMITED SEAT licenses (x3), but to get a newer version so I can keep using it, your company wants me to pay per seat (totally changing the licenses I purchased), and will lock me out of it if I ever have the effrontery to stop paying. Not locked to the last version that was supported (that was the license agreement when I purchased), but completely unable to access my data.
    Not in the least bit fair, or even within the license agreement your company changed, with no option to be grandfathered. 14 years with Kayako, and that's what you get. Hard to be loyal if you're not reasonable.

Moving on here. Sorry.

6. MvdL79

MvdL79 Member

I 100% agree with bear here. The new Kayako version is way, way to expensive. 1800 USD to renew a license...
    Sorry, but for a small company it's a lot to cope with. Anyways, we will leave the error as it is, as it does not break anything luckily.

And if there are more issues or new ones in the near future. We will look towards different options to be honest.