1. Kayako Download customers: we will continue to develop and support Kayako Download beyond July 2017, alongside the new Kayako for existing customers.

Find out more.

pending chat notifiers

Discussion in 'Kayako Desktop' started by bear, Mar 2, 2016.

1. bear

bear Kayako Guru

Way back in the desktop app, when someone asked to chat, the tray icon would turn red and blink, endlessly, until the chat was declined or accepted. At some point that was dropped in favor of a toast notifier that pops up and only stays as long as you have it set to. There are times I don't see it, and I've been forced to increase the time it stays in view to absurdly long durations, which causes *every* popup to stay for that long.
    Does it have to be one or the other notification type in this product? Can't it blink the icon (or even just change it's color, if not blink) and open a toast notifier also, or be a choice to use one or the other for the chat op to decide on? Help me understand why it's gone, since I'd found it useful.

Mimue likes this.
  2. bear

bear Kayako Guru

A little disappointing there's no reaction to this question. Maybe the ones that liked that old way are the minority here? That's unfortunate. :(

3. masterctrl1

masterctrl1 Kayako Guru

Doesn't the pop-up remain for the duration of the chat timeout setting?
    If the visitor's request has timed out and gone to "leave a message", how would the notifier useful at that point?
    Or do you walk away from your desk, return later, and want to know if a request was missed?

4. bear

bear Kayako Guru

It does stay on screen, but it does nothing to grab my attention. My background and color scheme happens to be nearly the same color (and I have a three large monitor setup so I'm not always looking in the right place..and it's smallish and just sits there. It's not always seen immediately; so much so I had to change the duration on screen to minutes. A blinking red icon is annoying enough it's seen much sooner, and doesn't force *all* on screen notifiers during the chat to also need dismissing or be in the way. Those I see without issue, since I'm already in the chat and don't need them. Sound is not a good substitute, either, for various reasons here.

Just wondering why it's not an option, and if there's a chance it would make a comeback.

5. Gary McGrath

Gary McGrath Staff Member

If your KD app is not active when there is a live chat request, the KD app along the task bar at the bottom of the screen should be flashing, at least it does for me

Gary

6. bear

bear Kayako Guru

Nothing at all happens except the toast notifier. Kayako Desktop 4.2.0.709 STABLE, and the version before it was the same as was the one before that. It hasn't shown any change to the tray icon for rather a long time. By flashing, what do you mean? Changes color, blinks on and off, or...?

To clarify, I'm talking about the bubble with the number of visitors in it down near the clock. In older versions, that turned red and flashed over and over when someone wanted a chat.

7. Gary McGrath

Gary McGrath Staff Member

hmm, I will ask Carl about it and get back to you

Gary

8. bear

bear Kayako Guru

Thank you, Gary!