1. Kayako Download customers: we will continue to develop and support Kayako Download beyond July 2017, alongside the new Kayako for existing customers.

Find out more.

2. The forum you are viewing relates to Kayako Classic. If you signed up or upgraded to the new Kayako (after the 4th July 2016), the information in this thread may not apply to you. You can visit the forums for the new Kayako here.

1. cxtsupport

cxtsupport Established Member

We're looking to build a new server and wanted to upgrade our PHP version to 7, was wondering when you think Fusion will be able to support PHP7. Are we looking 2016, early in the year, way down the road?

2. Sukhpreet Kaur

Sukhpreet Kaur Staff Member

Hello,

I am afraid that PHP version 7 isn’t supported yet. We are always adding support for newer versions of PHP but it would definitely take time while we go in for PHP version 7 support. As you already know to make new PHP version compatible, it needs to go through various levels of testing, so it won’t be possible to do it in minimal timeframe. It will likely take some time to go for it, not expected in early 2016.

Let me know if you have any further feedback/queries for us.

Sukhpreet Anand

3. chrisholgate

chrisholgate New Member

Hi,
    I was wondering if you any any further updates regarding this at all?

We've upgraded our server to the latest version of PHP and have successfully updated our own software but are having to force Kayako back to PHP 5.x through .htaccess.

Many thanks.

Chris

4. MarkIngles

MarkIngles Established Member

Any update?

5. dotboost

dotboost Established Member

I just tested Kayako 4 Download on a PHP7 server.

Is not working , the adodb5 library is not compatible with PHP7

There are any plans to make Kayako 4 Download compatible with PHP7 ?

I am asking because PHP 5.6 will receive active support only until December 2016.
    And we are left with one year of Kayako 4 Download running on an un-maintained php version

6. mikeonline

mikeonline Member

The Server Requirements page says "PHP 5.4 or later is required" -- which implies that PHP 7 is supported.

The Server Requirements page should be edited to state that PHP 5.4, 5.5 or 5.6 is required, and that PHP 7 is not yet supported.

- Michael

7. Gary McGrath

Gary McGrath Staff Member

Hi there,

PHP 7 support is scheduled for release 4.76 ( which is the one after the release we are working on atm )

Gary

8. Gary McGrath

PHP 7 support is scheduled for 4.76, so it is not the next release, but the one after.

Gary

9. Mark Anderson

Mark Anderson New Member

Any news on when we might expect PHP 7 support? Originally kayako said "early 2016." (Sukhpreet Anand) then the last think I heard was
    'PHP 7 support is scheduled for 4.76 (Gary McGrath). If you can give us some idea of a release date that would be great.

thanks

10. Gary McGrath

Hi Mark,

We have just released 4.75 yesterday, so 4.76 ( which includes PHP 7 ) is the next release we are working on. I cannot give an actual timeframe yet, as we are just starting the process, but it will likely be a couple of months before we are ready to push it.

Gary

11. Mark Anderson

Mark Anderson New Member

THanks Gary,

I was not aware that 4.75 had just been released. I was concerned that with
    your swap to a only hosted system that you might not honor the PHP 7 support
    that was previously promised. So I am glad to hear that you will.

I have been a kayako customer for 12+years and own one of the unlimited
    agent licenses. I am disappointed that you have chosen to stop the self-hosted
    option :( If your customers voice means anything, I would ask you reconsider
    this move.

Regards

Mark Anderson

12. dotboost

4.76 was released several days ago
    Is it supporting php 7 ?

13. dotboost

Just tested it, is still NOT working on PHP7

Hmm, it was promised that on 4.76 release will be PHP7 support....

14. StrangeWorld

StrangeWorld New Member

We really need that PHP 7 support!

15. Xolphin

Xolphin Member

Is there any update about this? We are waiting over a year now for PHP 7 support...

16. CyberCr33p

CyberCr33p Established Member

I don't think they will add PHP 7 support before all clients licenses expire and need to pay with the new license model (subscription payments).

bear, cliff and dotboost like this.
  17. Hakan

Hakan Member

I have been using Kayako since 2006, our classic license subscription ends at the beginning of June 2017.

Anybody from Kayako has an answer can we see PHP 7 anytime soon or CyberCr33p right?

18. sergioag

sergioag Member

It's a shame that this question goes unanswered, even if it was promised a while ago. Guess we'll have to wait until our support runs out and then just modify it ourselves, which we would've avoided, but with the expensive new prices it's the only option we have.

19. Jamie Edwards

Jamie Edwards Staff Member

Hi folks - PHP 7 is something we're actively looking into. There's a much larger number of pre-PHP7 dependencies in the Kayako framework which we didn't realise before. We'll keep you updated!