1. Kayako Download customers: we will continue to develop and support Kayako Download beyond July 2017, alongside the new Kayako for existing customers.

Find out more.

2. The forum you are viewing relates to Kayako Classic. If you signed up or upgraded to the new Kayako (after the 4th July 2016), the information in this thread may not apply to you. You can visit the forums for the new Kayako here.

Poor Usability With Minimalist CSS Styles in 4.91

Discussion in 'Using Kayako Classic' started by Alex Saavedra, May 9, 2018.

1. Alex Saavedra

Alex Saavedra Member

Hello there,

We are about to deploy Kayako Classic 4.91. I have to say overall user experience is a pain. All color codes are now fading into grey, no visual indication whether a queue is enabled or not, font color is smaller… and grey, all icons are colorless, indistinguishable from one another… and grey.

It feels like reading an old black and white newspaper from 1800 where black is decaying into unreadable grey.

:(

2. Alex Saavedra

Alex Saavedra Member

I found one main reason for poor readability, it's font 'Source Sans Pro'. What a horrible rendering. Is there a way to get rid of this font? I tried replacing in clientcss template with plain Verdana, but it still shows up.

What does /Core/Default/Compressor/css do? Where can underlying CSS files be modified?

Regards,

Alex S.

3. Alex Saavedra

Alex Saavedra Member

I replaced "Source Sans Pro", "helvetica neue" with Verdana in the following files:
    1. __swift/apps/base/javascript/__global/thirdparty/TinyMCE/skins/lightgray/skin.min.css
    2. __swift/apps/base/config/templates.xml
    3. __swift/themes/setup/css/core.css
    4. __swift/themes/__cp/css/grid.css
    5. __swift/themes/__cp/css/core.css
    That did the trick.