1. Kayako Download customers: we will continue to develop and support Kayako Download beyond July 2017, alongside the new Kayako for existing customers.

Find out more.

2. The forum you are viewing relates to Kayako Classic. If you signed up or upgraded to the new Kayako (after the 4th July 2016), the information in this thread may not apply to you. You can visit the forums for the new Kayako here.

Possible Bug :: Changing widget icons

Discussion in 'Style and design' started by Jonathan Page, Oct 21, 2013.

1. Jonathan Page

Jonathan Page New Member

Hi,

We've just updated to 4.62 and while tweaking the visual side, I've noticed that when changing the widget icons on the widget panel in the backend the "defaultsmallicon" column is blank after updating.

The large icon seems to work fine, but the small versions always defaulted to the default icon. This prompted me to hunt, and that is when I found the blank fields in the database.

2. masterctrl1

masterctrl1 Kayako Guru

I believe there are no small icons in use for widgets in 4.6x. That is one of the things they "cleaned up" in the new UI.

3. Jonathan Page

Jonathan Page New Member

The small icons seemed to only be used when adding the widget to the title bar / main nav bar, but thanks for the info. I'll review our templates and see if one wasn't updated correctly.

4. masterctrl1

masterctrl1 Kayako Guru

We had to update our modified templates after the upgrade and remove references to the small icons.

5. Jonathan Page

Jonathan Page New Member

Ok thanks, will definitely have a look. When reviewing the modified templates and doing a differential I didn't pick this up.

6. puravida

puravida Member

I think it's strange that Kayako removed the small icon. It looks much better in the navbar to have them. I just updated the database field manually, since it's still there, because our template looks better with them than without. I just have to remember to update the small icon, if I re-save any widgets using it. What is the rationale for removing that support?

7. supportskins

supportskins Kayako Guru

I think they removed it to make it look more clean and it made sense to remove it when they made the client end responsive. One less thing to manage.