1. Kayako Download customers: we will continue to develop and support Kayako Download beyond July 2017, alongside the new Kayako for existing customers.

Find out more.

Pre Designed Kayako Templates..???

Discussion in 'Requests' started by Heyitzme, Dec 11, 2007.

1. Heyitzme

Heyitzme New Member

Hiii I want to change my help desk template.

are there any pre designed kayako templates, like those wordpress templates..? Where can i get them..?

2. supportskins

supportskins Kayako Guru

Yes, we offer ready to use templates for your Kayako helpdesk. The link to our site can be found in my signature.

3. Heyitzme

Heyitzme New Member

There's nothing on your site except for few templates :confused:

Anyother sources where i can get free kayako templates..?

4. supportskins

supportskins Kayako Guru

Free kayako templates, I do not think anyone offers any.

5. craigbrass

craigbrass Experienced Member

Generally you will not find free skins for paid software.

6. Heyitzme

Heyitzme New Member

Hmmmmmmmm oh well then i guess i have to do it on my own. Time consuming but no choice :D

But why not Kayako add some more templates at least in diffenrent colors..? :rolleyes:

7. supportskins

supportskins Kayako Guru

Its a good suggestion!

8. craigbrass

Because it would mean maintaining multiple skin sets which adds to development time.

9. supportskins

supportskins Kayako Guru

Yeah thats true considering Kayako requires one or more templates to be restored everytime it upgrades a build.

10. craigbrass

Also, when you are paying $300 - $500 for the software, $30 - $50 for a skin is nothing in my opinion.

11. Master Merlin

Master Merlin Member

Do not under estimate money.

12. craigbrass

I'm not. When paying that kind of money, the small amount for a template is tiny in comparison.

13. supportskins

supportskins Kayako Guru

Besides skin involve modification of 60-80 software templates which is time consuming and above that you are offered free update period on the purchase so $30-$50 is a good deal.

14. majika

majika New Member

How does one go about Re-Skining Kayako Support Suite?

I know that Kayako employs Smarty templates but that about all I know regarding that part of the system.

What are the main files that are needed to be edited in order to create your own template or just overwrite the default one?

Obviously only the client side of the support system would be in the public view so I assume there must be a main structure folder/file that holds all the options for admin/client sections of the template system and another for the layout styles (in a .css file(s)) or embedded into a php file like smarty?.

Also would it just be a matter of over-writting the existing "default" image files with the new skinned gfx and files, etc. how would one deal with the positioning of the elements on the page?

Is there any kind of guide or information about creating your own templates for Kayako Support Suite?
    Preferably aimed at the steps envolved in the under taking of skinning/templating for Kayako?

It wouuld be cool to find out how to achieve this!

Thanks in advance

15. craigbrass

Admin CP -> Templates -> Manage Templates is where you change everything really. Making it look like your existing site isn't too hard if you just want simple changes but can take a while if you want it looking perfect and fully integrated. The CSS is inside the clientcss tempte inside the General section.

With regards to the CSS, I made a guide at http://forums.kayako.com/f49/visual-css-style-guide-14833/ to help people with skinning.

16. Kornika King

Kornika King Member

17. Drew Keller

Drew Keller Just one person in a world of millions.

This is a really old thread, and even if the guide existed Kayako has changed and what was in it might not be relevant anymore.

18. Kornika King

Kornika King Member

Thank you Drew; I realized that after I replied, but then I couldn't figure out how to delete.

I think I have figured it out anyway. Maybe. :)