1. This sub-forum relates to Kayako 3, which is now end-of-life. Please be aware that a lot of information relating to features, sales and the roadmap in the Kayako 3 forums is now outdated or defunct (no longer applicable).

If unsure about anything, please create a new thread or contact us.

You can visit the main forums for the latest Kayako here.

Priority reminder for clients on ticket submission page

Discussion in 'Modifications, extensions and addons' started by richm, Jun 15, 2007.

1. richm

richm New Member

Hi All,

I wanted to place a reminder to our clients of what the descriptions of the ticket priorities from our SLA are, on the ticket submission page in their portal, as we were getting tickets where the clients were setting the priority to "urgent" or "high" that were really just normal issues.

I'm documenting how I did it here in case anyone else has need of this.

Rich

Admin CP

Edit the submitticket template

Templates > Manager Templates > Tickets > submitticket

Right above the line that looks like this:
    Code:
    <{displaytemplate name="customfields"}>
    Insert the following (adapted for your own priorities and descriptions)

Code:
     <table width="100%"  border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
    	 <br>
    		<tr>
    			<td align="left" valign="top" class="row2" width="100%"><span class="smalltext"><b>Urgent </b>- A production system is down and there is no possibility of avoiding the problem and continuing operations.</span></td>
    		</tr>	  

<tr>
    			<td align="left" valign="top" class="row2" width="100%"><span class="smalltext"><b>High </b>- A production system is impacted in a major way, where a workaround exists.</span></td>
    		</tr>
    		<tr>
    			<td align="left" valign="top" class="row2" width="100%"><span class="smalltext"><b>Normal </b>- You can continue working with the Software but its use is curtailed by unexpected or
    undocumented behavior.</span></td>
    		</tr>
    		<tr>
    			<td align="left" valign="top" class="row2" width="100%"><span class="smalltext"><b>Low </b>- A request for information, a product enhancement suggestion or a documentation related error.</span></td>
    		</tr></table><br>

To give you a rough idea, here is a text representation:

Ticket Priority
    Priority: Normal

Urgent - A production system is down and there is no possibility of avoiding the problem and continuing operations.
    High - A production system is impacted in a major way, where a workaround exists.
    Normal - You can continue working with the Software but its use is curtailed by unexpected or undocumented behavior.
    Low - A request for information, a product enhancement suggestion or a documentation related error.

Ticket Information

I've attached a screenshot to this post so you can get an idea of what it looks like.

It would be nice if Kayako designed something like this into the app, to allow you to manage and display the priority definitions. </hint>
    ;)

Attached Files:

• 0001.JPG
      0001.JPG
      File size:
      59.9 KB
      Views:
  2. Siora

Siora New Member

Great work, I'm sure this will come in handy for many.
  3. Matthew

Matthew Reputed Member

We can get more mileage with richm's idea when coupled with a suggestion that started from Varun. If you are like me, you have more than one department, and the explanation for the Priorities may vary from department to department. (But of course, it doesn't have to be Priorities we are talking about here; you can insert any explanatory text.)

As given by richm, edit the submitticket template:

Templates > Manager Templates > Tickets > submitticket

Right above the line that looks like this:

Code:
      <{displaytemplate name="customfields"}> 
    Add the following code, customized to your needs:

Code:
    <{if $department[departmentid] == '2'}>
    <fieldset class="swiftfieldset">
    <legend>About Priorities</legend>
     <table width="100%"  border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
            <tr>
                <td align="left" valign="top" class="row2" width="100%"><span class="smalltext"><b>Urgent </b>- A production system is down and there is no possibility of avoiding the problem and continuing operations.</span></td>
            </tr>      
            <tr>
                <td align="left" valign="top" class="row2" width="100%"><span class="smalltext"><b>High </b>- A production system is impacted in a major way, where a workaround exists.</span></td>
            </tr>
            <tr>
                <td align="left" valign="top" class="row2" width="100%"><span class="smalltext"><b>Normal </b>- You can continue working with the Software but its use is curtailed by unexpected or
    undocumented behavior.</span></td>
            </tr>
            <tr>
                <td align="left" valign="top" class="row2" width="100%"><span class="smalltext"><b>Low </b>- A request for information, a product enhancement suggestion or a documentation related error.</span></td>
            </tr></table>
    </fieldset>
    <{elseif $department[departmentid] == '3'}>
    <legend>Caption Goes Here</legend>
    Put your text for department 3 here
    </fieldset>
    <{else}>
    <legend>Caption Goes Here</legend>
    Put your default text here
    </fieldset>
    <{/if}>
    What you get:

A frame with caption, in true Kayako user interface style, customized for each department that uses that particular template group (if you have more than one, that is).
  4. mopa

mopa Established Member

Very Nice indeed.

I like to use languages though so with a lot of different departments and languages I have done like this:

PHP:
    <fieldset class="swiftfieldset">
    <
    legend><{$language[severityabout]}></legend>
      <
    table width="100%"  border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
            <
    tr>
                <
    td align="left" valign="top" class="row2" style="width: 200px><span class="smalltext">
                            <
    {$language[severity1]}></span></td>
                <td align="
    left" valign="top" class="row2" width="100%" style="width70%"><span class="smalltext"><{$language[severity1b]}></span></td>
            </tr>      
            <tr>
                <td align="
    left" valign="top" class="row2" style="width200px"><span class="smalltext">
       <
    {$language[severity2]}></span></td>
                <td align="
    left" valign="top" class="row2" width="100%" style="width70%"><span class="smalltext">
       <
    {$language[severity2b]}></span></td>
            </tr>
            <tr>
                <td align="
       <
    {$language[severity3]}></span></td>
                <td align="
    left" valign="top" class="row2" width="100%" style="width70%"><span class="smalltext"><{$language[severity3b]}></span></td>
            </tr>
            <tr>
                <td align="
       <
    {$language[severitynone]}></span></td>
                <td align="
    left" valign="top" class="row2" width="100%" style="width70%"><span class="smalltext">
       <
    {$language[severitynoneb]}></span></td>
            </tr></table>
    </fieldset>

Notice the:
    <{$language[severityabout]}> - This is the "About Priorities"-text, where "severityabout" is the value I have given the specific languagetext for all my languages"
    <{$language[severity1]}> - "Urgent"
    <{$language[severity1b]}> - "A production system is down and there is no possibility of avoiding the problem and continuing operations."

This way all the text will appear in the right language and I have then added all the text in admin CP -> Languages
  5. Matthew

Matthew Reputed Member

Good one. That was the next logical step. Definitely going to try this.
  6. Siora

Siora New Member

Matthew or Mopa - Can you provide screen shots of what this looks like?
  7. mopa

mopa Established Member

No problem :)

Below you can see the english and the danish version.

Attached Files:

• eng.jpg
      eng.jpg
      File size:
      49.1 KB
      Views:
    • dan.jpg
      dan.jpg
      File size:
      49.3 KB
      Views:
  8. Siora

Siora New Member

Do the descriptions change based on the department chosen?
  9. mopa

mopa Established Member

Yes we have 8 departments some english and some danish.
    I have insearted language phrases for the different priority status' and also all the describtions in both english and danish.

So when I choose a department that is set in english the describtions will be in english and the same goes when choosing a danish department, then the describtions will be in danish.