proper use of if if else

Discussion in 'Developing, APIs and extending' started by saionmane, Sep 7, 2012.

1. saionmane

saionmane Member

<{if $_ticketDepartmentTitle == "test" }>
    content
    <{if $_ticketDepartmentTitle == "test2" }>
    content
    <{/if}>
    <{else}>
    content
    <{/if}>
    please any one explain clear how to use if if else condition or if elseif else proper condtion.
    And i want to know how to manage each department for template. for create new ticket reply.
    thank
  2. Gary McGrath

Gary McGrath Kayako Staff Staff Member

Hi there,

The basic structure is

<{if $_ticketDepartmentTitle == "test"}>
    Some stuff here
    <{/if}>

If you then want to add extra conditions, you can use this, for a switch between one or another
    (e.g. if department = test, some stuff here, if department != test, differrent stuff here)

<{if $_ticketDepartmentTitle == "test"}>
    Some stuff here
    <{else}>
    Different stuff here
    <{/if}>

You can then also add in elseif commands

Gary
  3. saionmane

saionmane Member

Thank Gray now i am trying to change template in forward html and it there any way to control template for each department?
    coz i try to add header and footer inside the email_ticketforwardhtml and email_ticketstaffreplyhtml.
    we have 3 different header and footer so i need to manage each department for their own header and footer.
    what i do now is i use if <{if $_ticketDepartmentTitle == "TAP - Accounting" || $_ticketDepartmentTitle == "Oasis Luxury Reservation" }>
    some stuff
    </if>
    but it is not ok when we have many department and change department name than we have to change coding again.
    so i just want to know how to manage each department template?
    how do we use template group?
    thank