1. This sub-forum relates to Kayako 3, which is now end-of-life. Please be aware that a lot of information relating to features, sales and the roadmap in the Kayako 3 forums is now outdated or defunct (no longer applicable).

If unsure about anything, please create a new thread or contact us.

You can visit the main forums for the latest Kayako here.

Public part is not working

Discussion in 'Installation and upgrading' started by Laco, Jul 9, 2007.

1. Laco

Laco New Member

Dear All,

Could anybody please point me, what's wrong with my Kayako installation?
    I have two version of kayako installed on our server (Official and Dev version for testing).

I've download and installed latest cvs build and at seems to only work for staff and admin. The public part of the kayako dev (for users to log in) is not working.

I can only seen blank page.

Any suggestions?
  2. Jamie Edwards

Jamie Edwards Chief Limey Staff Member

Hi Laco,

Any errors in your PHP log?
  3. Sheep

Sheep New Member

Only the cvs version doesn't work or ALL versions?
  4. Laco

Laco New Member

Hello,

No, no errors. I've used esupport.3.10.02.cvs.zendopen from 29th July 2007.
    The strange think is, the staff and admin is working fine.

I've also check our Linux server for some errors and seems to be fine.
  5. Laco

Laco New Member

Ahh sorry, I've tried just this version as I'm just testing it. I didn't try stable 3.10.02 version.
  6. supportskins

supportskins Kayako Guru

Did you come across any errors while installing the software. There is a good chance that the templates were not inserted correctly during installation.
  7. Laco

Laco New Member

I'm not sure, but I will try to reinstall again and I'll let you know.
    Thanks for replies.
  8. netFusion

netFusion Reputed Member

Did you remove the setup folder? Seems I remember not being able to login to the client area one time when I left the setup folder in there...
  9. Laco

Laco New Member

Yes, the setup folder is not there. I've also downlaod just now latest cvs version -> upgrade everything -> -> and I've still have the same issue.

I can see blank page when try to use public access, however staff and admin is working correctly.

No errors during upgrade, no errors in logs.

Any suggestion, what I'm missing?
  10. craigbrass

craigbrass New Member

Submit a ticket to http://support.kayako.com with FTP Details, Admin Area Login Details and a link to this forum post and they will investigate the issue on your server. There is noting more we can tell you really without looking at your installation.
  11. Laco

Laco New Member

OK, done. Ticket ID: APT-262845.
  12. Laco

Laco New Member

Hello Guys,

I've found out what was a possible problem. I've done a new upgrade and than I've been receiving following error:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare processwidgets() (previously declared in .../support/includes/functions.php:3306) in .../support/includes/Widgets/widgets.php on line 207

So I've looked into the widgets.php because I've done some changes in there I've actually discovered that in new builds this whole part is missing:

/**
    * ###############################################
    * !! DO NOT EDIT ANYTHING BELOW THIS POINT !!
    * ###############################################
    */

/**
    * Processes the widgets array into a number based index array, along with mod of 2.. this allows for the 2 column row of icons
    */
    function processWidgets($widgets)
    {
    global $module;

$newwidgets = array();
    $index = 0;

foreach ($widgets as $key=>$val)
    {
    $newwidgets[$index] = $val;
    $newwidgets[$index]["split"] = $index%2;

// if this is the last item then we end the split right here.
    if (($index+1) == count($widgets))
    {
    $newwidgets[$index]["split"] = 1;
    }

$index++;
    }

return $newwidgets;
    }

So I've removed this part and now everything seems to work.

Does anybody knows to what was this part related and why is suddenly not there? Sorry for this question, but I'm not coder so I do not really understand this things.
  13. supportskins

supportskins Kayako Guru

Re-upload the widgets.php file in Binary format, it should fix the issue.
  14. Laco

Laco New Member

Kayako is locally on my server where I've unpacked whole package. Do you really think I need to re-upload the widgets.php again.

The fact is part mentioned above is not there. By deleting it I can see the log in page correctly, however after log in , instead of reloading my "Dev" version 3.11.00 I see my real 3.10.02 version.

Any clues?
  15. craigbrass

craigbrass New Member

Reuploading will confirm the issue is with the latest code.
  16. Laco

Laco New Member

Done. I've re-upload the widgets.php again + I didn't change anything in there and by looking into it the section mentioned above is still missing in this file.

However it's not a problem. Problem is that for some strange reason, once I log in in my "dev" version of Kayako I'm transferred automatically to real one instead of dev version.