Questions

Discussion in 'Using the new Kayako' started by Joe Graw, Jul 10, 2016.

1. Joe Graw

Joe Graw Established Member

Hello,
    I came across a few questions below as i started using my trial version of the new kayako

#1 how do i simply find a list of my users and organizations?

#2 how can i create custom field groups? For example on my organizations, i would like to have general organization information questions, contract related questions, tier related questions etc. Depending upon what department a ticket goes into, we could have 50+ internal custom fields associated with it.

#3 Navigating the system this evening, it is noticeably slower than our kayako version 4 system. Has anyone else encountered this? Is this the performance to expect in production?

#4 How can i create sub/associated organizations?

#5 How do we customize email verbiage that is sent back to the customer ?

#6 surveys are very important to our organization. We use a 1-5 ranking currently. Will those rankings migrate over to the new kayako with the rating scale that we are currently using?

#8 Can someone setup my trial account to be "enterprise" does the enterprise edition have a reporting platform?

#9 can we receive text message alerts?

#10 Is there a way that kayako in your cloud environment can connect to a non public address? for example internal TFS, MS Dynamics etc.

#11 i dont see much benefit with insights? It looks like several static reports that show very basic metrics? I tried to view a simple report similar to this:

SELECT AVG('tickets.first response time')as 'First Response Time AVG',Avg('Ticket Posts.Response Time') as 'Time Between Replies AVG' ,AVG('tickets.time to resolve') as 'Resolved Date AVG', AVG(tickets.total replies) as 'Avg Replies', Count(DISTINCT(tickets.ticketid)) as Tickets from tickets,'ticket posts' where tickets.department='Emergency Data Systems' AND 'tickets.creation date' =thismonth() AND tickets.owner in('staff Names') group by tickets.owner TOTALIZE by AVG('tickets.first response time'),Avg('Ticket Posts.Response Time'),AVG('tickets.time to resolve'),AVG(tickets.total replies),Count(DISTINCT(tickets.ticketid))

Or this

SELECT truncate(Count(*)/27,0) As Tickets from tickets where tickets.department='Emergency Data Systems' and 'tickets.creation date' > '12-31-2015' Group by 'tickets.creation date':DayName

or this

SELECT count(tickets.ticketid) as Tickets from tickets where tickets.department='Emergency Data Systems' AND 'tickets.creation date' > '01-03-2016' group by Y('tickets.creation date':DayName), X('tickets.creation date':Week) Totalize by count(tickets.ticketid)

Maybe i am missing the location that i should be looking in order to run these? We also use alot more complex reporting metrics in the version 4 system.

#12 how do i get a print view within the ticket?

#13 how do i add my time to the ticket?

#14 how do i report upon the time spent on a ticket or tickets?

#15 how do you change the note color? we have teams that use different colors for internal notes

#16 how do you quickly access all of a requester/users past tickets?

#17 how do i see the requester/users organization information from within a ticket?

#18 how do i split a ticket?

#19 how do i duplicate a ticket?

#20 how do i flag a ticket?

#21 how do i view the audit log for a particular ticket (this is very important)

#22 is there an android/ios/windows app for the new kayako?

I will stop here, sorry for so many questions. I am thinking that I must not have something enabled in my trial kayako account that is blocking alot of functionality? Any help would be appreciated.

thanks

2. Most of these questions are in the new system info on: https://support.kayako.com/article/1140-understanding-what-has-changed-in-the-new-kayako

Also if you go to support.kayako.com and just search your questions they will pop up like locations for users / organizations as well as print screen. the bottom questions are ones that are not in the new system yet like billing time, splitting tickets, changing requester name, duplicates. There is a new android app out already yes.

For the audit log, there one provided with less info from what ive seen but on the top left of the ticket it says Filter: posts. Click that and make it Filter: Activities. That will show everything that has happened but not the EXACT info yet.

They have gone away with the ticket colors sadly.

To look at users recent tickets you have to click their name in the ticket on the top left then look on the bottom right of the screen and the most recent ones will be there, there is a work around for this as well: you can do a search for all cases belonging to a requester, like this: in:cases requester:jonathan or in:cases requester:jonathan@gmail.com.

Please also take a look at my post that is similar to this.

http://forums.kayako.com/threads/suggestion-activities-audit-etc.45242/#post-184327

Hope this helps!

Jamie Edwards likes this.
  3. Jamie Edwards

Jamie Edwards Staff Member

Hey Joe - firstly thank you for taking such an effort to dive into the new Kayako platform and for writing up questions and feedback like this. We're happy to help on the forum as always, but just a reminder that you'll typically get a quicker response from support.kayako.com - during the honeymoon period of the new Kayako we've got a rapid escalation route should other people be needed to get the right answers to you.

First batch of answers...

You can find a list of your team in the admin area, under Team directory. We don't have a general user or organization directory yet. However, you can use search like this: "in:users" or "in:eek:rganizations" proceeded by your criteria, which could be "created>2015-02-28". You can find out more about the new Kayako search engine and search operators here: https://support.kayako.com/article/1164-getting-more-out-of-kayako-s-search

The new Kayako doesn't support groups of custom fields for users and organizations. We've also changed the way we handle custom field groups for your cases (compared to ticket field groups in Kayako Classic). Now, you can organise custom case fields into case forms (available on the enterprise and growth plans). Each case can have a form, and custom case fields can be organised into forms.

Case forms provides two main use cases. The first is internal, for your agents. You can organise custom case fields into contexts, with each context represented by a case form. For example, you might have different case forms called Support, Warranty return, Bug report. When agents change the form of a case, their respect custom case fields are shown. This ensures your agents only see what's relevant.

The other use case is public. Public case forms are presented to your customers when they're raising a new request in the Help Center. When they pick a form, they're shown only the custom case fields belonging to that form. You can set different titles for case forms - one that your agents see, one that your customers see. You can try it out on your own Help Center - these 3 choices are case forms: https://support.kayako.com/request/new

Unlike in Kayako Classic, where custom custom fields could only belong to one custom field group, custom case fields can belong to multiple case forms - saving a whole bunch of duplication that customers were performing. This lets you add common fields to multiple forms, such as "Serial number". They also kill two birds with one stone: you can ask the customer what kind of conversation they want to start with case forms. Also, you can assign case forms to cases using automations (so even your cases created by email, Twitter, can be associated with case forms).

The last thing to say about case forms: even if you change a case's form to show a different set of fields, any values in the fields belonging to the previous form will still be saved to the case. They won't be lost.

So simply speaking, every case can have a value for all of your custom case fields. Case forms just determine when your custom case fields are presented.

Find out more about case forms.

Could you provide me with your account domain name? We haven't registered anything noticeably slow that I know of.

Like in Kayako Classic, you can't create sub-organizations, I'm afraid. I'm interested in your use case for this. We've had a few customers request it in the past, but we don't have many robust use cases for the capability.

One of the pieces of feedback we consistently received and have addressed in the new Kayako is making it easier to edit these notifications. Case related notifications are all managed by out-of-the-box automations, and the text is contained in these. For example, you can edit the requester new case acknowledgment email in the admin area under triggers (which are event-based automations):

ezgif-332099999.gif

We've also added placeholder support, for use in your case replies as well as notification texts: https://support.kayako.com/article/1172-adding-dynamic-content-with-placeholders

We have replaced the 5 star rating system for the customer satisfaction survey in Kayako Classic with what is essentially a two star rating system: a satisfied/happy face and a dissatisfied/unhappy face. We will allow you to map your existing rating data to the new rating system when you migrate.

There are a few reasons why we've adopted a two-point rating system in the new Kayako:
    • We tested a bunch of variations, and found response rates are significantly higher when there are fewer choices and simple controls are offered to the user. For example, we doubled our response rate when going from 5 stars to smile/sad, and we think that more responses vs slightly more granular responses and fewer with them provide a better more accurate sampling of your customer's satisfaction.
    • General research shows that by asking a customer to make a binary choice about something like this, the answers are more accurate and verifiable.
    • Satisfied/Not satisfied or Happy/Not happy is more personal and lets you understand your customers more personally - it tells you how the customer is feeling, so there is no confusion about whether the customer is trying to be objective or subjective, or bias their answer with assumptions on what you mean by two stars vs three.
    The other difference from Kayako Classic is that the ratings system in general has been removed from the product. You can send customer satisfaction surveys to customers after a case or live chat has been completed, but you can't add custom ratings to things like individual case posts like you could do in Kayako Classic. We found that very few customers used these beyond the simple 'How did we do?' ticket survey, so we have not reimplemented them to simplify the application.

If you want to get more granular with your surveys, integrating with something like Customer Thermometer would be simple.

Yes, we can. I'll ask someone to contact you about that, if you could let me know what your account URL is.

Not out of the box. However, you can use Zapier (Kayako integrates with Zapier), which has a built-in, free-to-use SMS notification action. Alternatively, you can achieve this with endpoints, which let you create custom automation actions in Kayako. After finding an SMS service that allows SMS messages to be sent via webhooks (such as Twilio), you can create a webhook endpoint in Kayako, and then use that endpoint in your automations.

Not unless you provide a gateway that is exposed to the Internet, I'm afraid.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2016
  4. Jamie Edwards

One of the things we consistently got complaints about was the difficulty and number of steps required to pull data out of the custom reporting engine (using the Kayako Query Language) in Kayako Classic.

The new Kayako doesn't yet have a custom reporting engine, while we focus on getting the out-of-the-box insights and dashboards right. We'll then add in a much more advanced custom reporting engine. We're talking to the gooddata.com business intelligence and big data platform to transparently power the backend of that, so you'll be able to do much, much more than you could with the Kayako Classic reporting engine. We're aiming to add it this year - stay tuned.

We don't have a print view for cases yet, but we will.

Time tracking hasn't made it to the new Kayako yet, but it'll likely make a comeback soon. You can track more of whats changed and what is missing from Kayako Classic here: https://support.kayako.com/article/1140-understanding-what-has-changed-in-the-new-kayako

you can't, and based on the lack of usage of this particular feature in Kayako Classic, we aren't sure we'll be adding it back. Can you explain for me how you use duplicate tickets today?

I'll do these in quick-fire:
    • #14 how do i report upon the time spent on a ticket or tickets? - see above
    • #15 how do you change the note color? we have teams that use different colors for internal notes - we have not added support for multiple note colours, as we found so few customers using them. That's not to say they will never make a comeback, though.
    • #16 how do you quickly access all of a requester/users past tickets? - see mine and Jonathan's replies about this. We'll make this easier.
    • #17 how do i see the requester/users organization information from within a ticket? - the breadcrumbs of a case are clickable. You can quick-access the requester profile and requester's organization profile from here.
    • #18 how do i split a ticket? - you can't yet, but that's returning very shortly.
    • #20 how do i flag a ticket? - like with #14, this hasn't made it into the new Kayako. Bookmarking (starring) cases will be added soon, and potentially flagging tickets later.
    • #21 how do i view the audit log for a particular ticket (this is very important) - when viewing a case, user or organization, click 'Activities only' to see activities from that user or of that case. The information shown is pretty limited at the moment, but see mine and Jonathan's replies about this above. We'll be making this better imminently.
    • #22 is there an android/ios/windows app for the new kayako? - there's a brand new app for Android and the existing iOS app works with the new Kayako (we're working on a brand new iOS app as good as the new Android app!)
    Thanks Joe :)

Last edited: Jul 10, 2016
  5. clive.gardner

clive.gardner New Member

Take on board your points about the old rating system, but from a customer point of view I'm not convinced at all by a binary happy/unhappy option.

From past experience there are definitely a LOT of occasions where I'd want a neutral option - indeed where I've perhaps been underwhelmed with the service provided... not happy enough to want to leave the impression a good job was done, but also not p*ssed off enough I want to have a moan about it! On these occasions I'd end up just not giving any feedback, which is surely counterproductive?

6. Joe Graw

Thanks Jamie,
    The happy/sad rating system is not meaningful at all. We ask 3 simple questions for support experience and receive high % of responses from our customers because we analyze them so closely. Having a happy and sad face seems like you took a step backward. Have you heard of a likert scale? I am confused as to why you would not want to have this right off the bat? 1-5 scale strongly agree, agree, neutral, disagree, strongly disagree... There is so much more meaningful analysis that can be done using this approach.

Also, regarding the integrations limitations. This is yet another reason why we want to host the application. Our tfs system is hosted internally for good reason. We currently have this connected to our kayako v4 system. When a dev task request comes in through kayako, it is assigned a tfs id and when that dev task is completed, it creates an internal note alerting the support person and also moves it from a dev status to in progress. This is hugely critical for us.

I wish that I could have been more a part of your research/feedback. I offered many times to show how we use the v4 system and wanted to contribute but my requests were ignored. You have removed features that we relied on and used over the past 8+ years. I spent a lot more time playing around with my demo site this afternoon and there is still so much missing compared to v4. Is it possible to line up a phone call tomorrow? Attempting to contact sales last week proved unsuccessful and left me even more confused than I was previously.

7. Joe Graw

8. Jamie Edwards

That's an interesting point and one we are going to closely monitor. We haven't ruled out offering an optional neutral option.

We (and other research) found that even by offering a third option, you get fewer actionable results. Also, that you get much higher quality (and verifiability of) results when asking customers to take an absolute position on the interaction itself. So even if a few of your customers think 'well I'm not really neither... but I'm leaning towards X' or 'I'm not really neither so I'm not submitting anything', in aggregate, we believe you'll still get more and more useful survey submissions.

The next thing to ask would be, if you offer a neutral option and your customers pick it, how actionable is that for your team? It is more difficult to tell how satisfied your customer is because rather than a binary rating, where the customer can't be on the fence. Also, it's easier to track and calculate progress and spot trends with a limited data set when looking at one variable with two options, rather than five.

The 5-point or likert type surveys are better suited to getting really specific about certain things - "I believe my response was prompt" -> "Strongly agree ... Strongly disagree", where the customer is given a few option. This sort of customer service survey is better suited to being sent every so often to a sample of customers. This is something you can do with SurveyMonkey and trigger with Kayako (perhaps an automation to send one out to customers who have their 10th conversation with you).

For a more qualitative, overall measure on your customer's satisfaction with your products and service, this might be where an NPS survey is more useful ("On a scale of 1-10, how..."). This is important to measure too, for a more holistic measure of how your customers feel about your whole offering. You can do this today with SurveyMonkey or Delighted.com, and it is something we'll add into Kayako out-of-the-box in the future.

Just to recap:
    1. The satisfied/dissatisfied (or sad/smile) rating in the new Kayako is for your to measure customer satisfaction on a per-interaction basis. You want to encourage your customers to take a clear stance on how they feel about that interaction.
    2. For a more holistic understanding about how your customers feel about your survey, you can send customer service surveys once in a while.
    3. This survey may or may not include an NPS question, which gives you one of the most reliable understandings of your customer's perception of your product, service and whole experience.
    I hope this helps :)

9. Jamie Edwards

This still may would be possible with a gateway between your tfs setup and Kayako, which is accessible only via Kayako IP addresses (which we can provide).

We certainly didn't ignore any feedback you posted here, I promise. We're building Kayako for thousands and thousands of businesses - we do need to take a very holistic and measured view about what we add and what we don't, and what we do in the future. So while it may seem like 'Kayako didn't do anything I suggested', your feedback was taken into account.

While the new Kayako misses some things today that Kayako Classic has, many will be coming back (https://support.kayako.com/article/1140-understanding-what-has-changed-in-the-new-kayako). The new Kayako isn't an unfinished product by any means. The reason why it is out now with some Kayako Classic stuff missing, is because the new Kayako in its current form does more than enough for most of our customers.

However, it is fair to say that the new Kayako is a new, fresh product and there are some things which were barely used by a large number of customers, where it makes no sense for us to continue supporting (such as the troubleshooter, or 'ticket release'). However, what we will try to do is understand the use cases and the 'why was this useful to you' and do our best to make sure the new Kayako can help you achieve the same and more, even if in a different way.

10. Jamie Edwards

Definitely not! We're aiming to migrate the majority of our on-premise customers to the new Kayako. However, there are some salient points in that post which articulate what we're trying to avoid doing again, and what we are doing differently with the new Kayako, particularly the section "Customer centricity doesn’t mean trying to be everything to everyone".

11. ausDamo

ausDamo New Member

I have a question as well. I wrote in to support and asked about integration support with WHMCS. The reply was, yes it's all fine Kayako now uses Zapier and it's integrated with Zapier.

Well, actually, no. With Kayako Classic the integration is seamless. When a client uses WHMCS all their support items appear in there, are there plans to provide true integration again?

12. ausDamo

ausDamo New Member

Jamie would you please provide an answer to my question about WHMCS please.

13. Gary McGrath

Gary McGrath Staff Member

The new Kayako is 100% API driven, so it is possible to create integrations which work like the old WHMCS one. However as we have just released the new Kayako, we do not have any out of the box integrations (apart from slack). We will be building more integrations, but the order in which we create them will depend on customer demand.

Gary

14. Oliver Strein

Oliver Strein New Member

Jamie, I do think these case forms will be very helpful for the design I have in mind for our Customer Support setup. Any chance to have cascading forms? In your example you have Sales, Support and Billing. But under each topic I would need several different forms. It would be a perfect way for me to replace the Troubleshooter right now. Thx