1. Kayako Download customers: we will continue to develop and support Kayako Download beyond July 2017, alongside the new Kayako for existing customers.

Find out more.

2. The forum you are viewing relates to Kayako Classic. If you signed up or upgraded to the new Kayako (after the 4th July 2016), the information in this thread may not apply to you. You can visit the forums for the new Kayako here.

Reassign custom fields to a different custom fields group

Discussion in 'Style and design' started by Todd H, Jan 15, 2016.

1. Todd H

Todd H Member

Hi All,

Does anyone know if there is a way to re-assign a custom field from one custom field group to another? I assume it can be done through the database, but it looks like it's more involved than just changing the 'customfieldgroupid' in the table 'swcustomfields'.

Alternatively, creating a copy of the existing field to a new field in the new custom field group would suffice as well.

Any insight from anyone?

Thanks,
    Todd

2. Gary McGrath

Gary McGrath Staff Member

Hi Todd,

The only way to do that will be to alter the database directly.

Altering the customfieldgroupid should be enough within the swcustomfields tablet to make it switch over

Gary

Todd H likes this.
  3. Todd H

Todd H Member

Thanks Gary -- that seemed to do the trick.

For the record, after changing the customfieldgroupid in the database, I went to the 'custom field' area of the admin interface, selected the field, and then selected 'update' (as if I changed a parameter through the web interface) and then the field showed up in the reassigned area (it didn't until I did that). Perhaps this process just refreshes a cached value? (and maybe there's an easier way to do that).

Thanks for your assistance and helping me get to the outcome I was looking for.

Thanks,
    --Todd