Android Recompile Android for BB?

Discussion in 'Kayako Mobile' started by monker, Feb 22, 2012.

1. monker

monker Member

Hey, With the new Playbook OS 2 you are able to recompile any android app and release it for the Playbook. Could you guys do this? I really only takes max 2 hours.

2. SteveLV702

SteveLV702 Kayako Guru

I already did this and brought it up to Drew Lederman who is gonna bring it up with the rest of the team... 2 hours? took me less then 3 minutes :)

While right now only works on Blackberry Playbook (Tablet) will also work soon on phones with release of BB10

3. monker

monker Member

Well how do i get it? Lol writing from my PlayBook

4. SteveLV702

SteveLV702 Kayako Guru

wait for them to submit to app world and then download from there... I am a registered developer so I have a signing key and developer certificate... So I was able to do it.... And its not where I can just hand out the .bar file as would need my developer cert on device to install it..

5. monker

monker Member

ok cool can't wait, is it possible to put this in a forum for Blackberry? I would like to know ASAP as to when the app is released. I am wanting to test and make a business case for when the new playbooks come out.

6. Jamie Edwards

Jamie Edwards Chief Limey Staff Member

A BlackBerry app is in planning, but won't be out for some time yet.

7. SteveLV702

SteveLV702 Kayako Guru

Ya cool that making a native blackberry app but long time out so why not in the meantime release the Android App on Blackberry... It takes maybe 5 minutes to convert and a few minutes to upload.... If create free blackberry appworld developer account and then create me a user account ill upload my already converted file so dont even have to spend the 5 minutes converting or uploading :)

monker likes this.
  8. monker

monker Member

I second Steve

9. kverona

kverona New Member

+1!!

Probably BB smartphone market share is less now the before. But you need to distinguish between business smartphone and consumer smartphone usage. I really observe BB is still #1 between business smartphone. Android /IOS / Windows phone are just for consumer smartphone usage

monker likes this.
  10. masterctrl1

masterctrl1 Kayako Guru

+1 since virtually no development is required and many corporate offices run BB worldwide. Then the last mobile app platform is DONE.

monker likes this.
  11. Merit

Merit Member

+1 for converting the Android apps in the meantime please...

Also writing from my playbook!

12. akuehnemund

akuehnemund Member

I don't own a Blackberry or Playbook, but this sounds like a no-brainer to me. I hope you'll recompile the Android app and release it for BB/Playbook.

13. SteveLV702

SteveLV702 Kayako Guru

a little birdy told me its gonna happen

Drew Lederman likes this.
  14. monker

monker Member

ok I have given you 3 weeks lol any word? I even have put my playbook in dev mode to try and find the bar lol

15. Drew Lederman

Drew Lederman Established Member

It's been submitted for review. :) Sorry for the delay - been rather busy. I'll post here when it's approved.

16. SteveLV702

SteveLV702 Kayako Guru

well last app I submitted was approved in less then 24 hours.... so they tend to be rather quick....

17. akuehnemund

akuehnemund Member

That's good news for all the Playbook owners. Thanks!

18. Drew Lederman

Still waiting on the "test house" apparently...

19. SteveLV702

SteveLV702 Kayako Guru

You should call/email them cause taking way to long didn't even take this long when they were running the free playbook offer.... I submitted 5 app updates like 4 days ago and they where all approved the next day.... So almost sounds like yours was lost somewhere in queue.

20. Drew Lederman