1. Welcome to the feedback forum. Here's some tips for giving your suggestions the best shot:
    • Search before posting: See if someone else has already posted your suggestion. If you add your support to an existing, you're more likely to bubble up the request.
    • Keep one suggestion to one thread: Try not to club lots of different suggestions together in one thread. Otherwise, people will get confused about what they're voting for and we might miss your feedback.
  2. Kayako Download customers: we will continue to develop and support Kayako Download beyond July 2017, alongside the new Kayako for existing customers.

Find out more.

3. The forum you are viewing relates to Kayako Classic. If you signed up or upgraded to the new Kayako (after the 4th July 2016), the information in this thread may not apply to you. You can visit the forums for the new Kayako here.

Reports - Area Graph

Discussion in 'Kayako product feedback and suggestions' started by KarlH, Mar 25, 2016.

1. KarlH

KarlH Member

I've attached an example of what I'd like to be able to do directly with a Kayako report chart. The data was taken from Kayako report, example report script below;

Code:
    SELECT count(*) as 'TICKETS' FROM 'Tickets'  WHERE 'Tickets.type' != "null" AND 'Tickets.Creation Date' > mktime(0,0,0,11,01,2014) AND 'Tickets.Creation Date' < mktime (23,59,59,4,01,2016)   
    ORDER BY 'Tickets.Type', 'Tickets.Creation Date'  
    GROUP BY 'Tickets.Creation Date':Year,'Tickets.Creation Date':Month, 'Tickets.Type' 
    But the resulting generated Kayako chart was rubbish, side-by-side bar graphs of no use.

[​IMG]

So I then exported the report data into Excel & formatted the data via a Pivot table, bastardized a few date columns and 15 minutes later I have the chart that I'm looking for;

[​IMG]

I did a search via Dr Google for Kayako Area Chart Graphs, but couldn't find anything of use, so hence I'm logging this as a feature request. Obviously, if it's possible to create such a chart via Kayako Reports I'd be very keen to know. :)

2. KarlH

KarlH Member

Anyone?

3. bear

bear Kayako Guru

If no one has it after 3 years since this was first posted, it's unlikely. ;)
    Mostly this forum has been abandoned by Kayako (I've seen no sign of staff even visiting for ages), and the pricing/licensing change has had most move away to other solutions (I'd guess). Simple fact is, the "owned" version is all but dead. Unfortunate, but it's what they wanted all along.