1. The forum you are viewing relates to Kayako Classic. If you signed up or upgraded to the new Kayako (after the 4th July 2016), the information in this thread may not apply to you or to your Kayako. You can visit the forums for the new Kayako here.

REST api: creating new ticket without autoresponder

Discussion in 'Developing, APIs and extending' started by swilders, Dec 5, 2011.

1. swilders

swilders Established Member

I've written a script that creates a ticket for a member of my helpdesk to give a customer a call at certain intervals throughout the term of their support contract just to check everything is running smoothly.

The issue is that this is generating an auto-responder to the customer which is causing some confusion. I've put a pre-parse rule in to stop them being generated but this has had no effect.

How do I stop an auto-reponder when creating a ticket using the REST api?
  2. Dylan Lindgren

Dylan Lindgren Established Member

I am also trying to do this. I just logged ticket to see if this issue can be resolved.
  3. Drew Keller

Drew Keller Just one person in a world of millions.

I saw in release 4.50.XXXX that SWIFT-1409 - Option to disable autoresponder for the tickets created via API
    Has been included, I think this is what you are referring to here.
  4. Dylan Lindgren

Dylan Lindgren Established Member

Thanks for that Drew, yes it is. I've upgraded and it's working well now.

I am also wanting an option to not send an email when posting a ticket reply as a staff member, and also the option to make that ticket reply "private". I don't think these are in the current REST API so have sent through a support request to hopefully get a feature request logged.