Satisfaction survey

Discussion in 'Building with the Kayako API' started by Phil R, Aug 25, 2016.

1. Phil R

Phil R Established Member

There is much to debate on the merits of your new sat survey model.

I had been listening in to Jamie on the original v5 demo, in which compelling arguments are made for the newer method, however, this model doesn't work for us. That said, neither does the integrated on in v4.

We use Wufoo to produce a set of feedback, as well as plugging into a Net Promoter score.

This has been easy enough with customisation of the survey template, dispatching the required URL (including a ticket ID for prepoulating the ticket field).

I am however wondering what we can do in v5 world around this and it raise the following questions. This is to help us go beyond just the email dispatch, which is easy enough.

Step 1: Dispatch email with relevant link to the survey, when performing the "Survey offer" process in v5. This would omit the v5 model, thus would not ask for GOOD, BAD.

Step 2: Customer completes this as normal.

However, I am also exploring if the following is possible.

1: Can a rating_status on a case be moved from "OFFERED" to "RECEIVED" via the API, other than by means of a rating being submitted?

2: Are RATING values only GOOD & BAD, or is there additional scope? In content, is their scope for a NEUTRAL rating?

Whilst not vital and we could do without this, it would provide some element of reporting capability. I see it as working as follows.

On completing of the Wufoo survey, a webhook is fired (Wufoo process). This would call a consumer on our platform.

The consumer would do the first, or both of the following.

1: Move the rating_status to "RECEIVED"

2: Apply a GOOD, BAD, NEUTRAL status, based on the standard Net Promoter model (0-6, 7-8, 9-10).

The first would allow us to easily imply receipt of a survey. The second would allow us to understand recent feedback at the customer level.

As noted, neither is vital, as our current process will port over very easily, we just end up leaving cases in OFFERED state.

2. Gary McGrath

Gary McGrath Staff Member

Hi Phil,

I have raised a Jira around this problem, you should be able to use external survey systems, and update this in some fashion in Kayako so it stops sending out survey requests. Not sure on the actual solution to that, but we will have a think about how to best achieve it.

Gary

3. Phil R

Phil R Established Member

Thanks Gary,

Automation under Monitors controls offering the surveys. That is under the default "Send satisfaction survey after 24 hours".

I am assuming the "Case: Satisfaction Survey" action will dispatch the email template for the survey and change "Cases: Satisfaction status" from "UNOFFERED" to "OFFERED" (preventing the monitor being hit for the same case twice).

I would reuse this rule (infact, I wouldn't alter it), just changing the "Satisfaction survey" template under Brands.

My questions are more related to, can I use the API to then move it from "OFFERED" to "RECEIVED", allowing me to get a sense of the status (not strictly the result though) outside our external survey results.

I have a section feature request coming shortly, which would provide an alternate way for us to do this and many more automatic features.

4. Gary McGrath

Gary McGrath Staff Member

Hi Phil,

Yeah, this is what I raised the Jira around, the fact that rating_status is read only, and so cannot be updated via the API, you literally have to use the add a ratings API, which requires a user hash, which you won't have, being you send it to another survey system. So it is a bit clunky, I've not suggested how to fix it, I'll let the product team come up with the solution :D

Gary

5. manjeet

manjeet New Member

Good Rating in my opinion. Everything is going very well. Thanks for receiving feedback.