SDKs

Discussion in 'Building with the Kayako API' started by Phil R, Jul 6, 2016.

1. Phil R

Phil R Established Member

Are there plans to provide SDKs to the new API?

The new API is very clearly feature rich and on review, provides more access than is currently available from the in the user interface (see my other comments regarding lack of user / organisation list).

However, the new API is also very complicated, which means integration is not going to be quick.

To be honest, that complication is merited. You just can't provide that much data and ensure that new functions can extend it without breaking existing functions, without that complexity. In that regards, I actually commend the API.

However, a PHP, Java and Python SDK is going to be very key to us (java being the nice to have).

Are there any plans to offer SDKs?

2. Jamie Edwards

Jamie Edwards Staff Member

Hi Phil - yes, these are on the cards; within a couple of months. PHP, Java for sure, Python is a maybe (we didn't see much demand for that with Kayako Classic). We won't be covering the entire API with SDKs, but certainly core functions: cases, users, organizations, activities, all custom field and CRM related properties, search, Help Center. You could help us prioritise which functions to add to the SDK first by explaining what you might want to achieve with the SDK.

Cheers,

3. Phil R

Phil R Established Member

The core elements you refer to sound ideal.

The events / activities stuff is interesting and is the one extension to your list I can think of off the top of my head.

The ability to add an activity "Agent X generated a license - Product Y, Users 4000, Nodes 5, Expiry 29 August 2019", or "Customer performed a product download XYZ".

We receive large uploads and obviously attaching to cases is excessive. So we could have "Customer uploaded a file something.tar.gz (350MB) to Customer FTP"