1. Kayako Download customers: we will continue to develop and support Kayako Download beyond July 2017, alongside the new Kayako for existing customers.

Find out more.

2. The forum you are viewing relates to Kayako Classic. If you signed up or upgraded to the new Kayako (after the 4th July 2016), the information in this thread may not apply to you. You can visit the forums for the new Kayako here.

SEO Friendly URLs

Discussion in 'Using Kayako Classic' started by stromimport, Oct 19, 2010.

1. Tom Lesniak

Tom Lesniak Established Member

I don't know anything about Nginx, but I would check Jamie's post on the front page that sends you to the kayako KB. that might have what you're looking for.

2. MvdL79

MvdL79 Member

Sorry for bumping an old thread, but I am experiencing some "problems" with the use of Friendly URLs.
    I am running Apache.

I have the following code in my .htaccess file:
    Code:
    <IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
    RewriteEngine On

RewriteCond $1 !^(admin|api|console|favicon\.ico|robots\.txt|sitemap\.xml|index\.php|tiny_mce_gzip\.php|cron|onsite|staff|rss|setup|visitor|winapp|wallboard|__swift) [NC]
    RewriteCond $1 !\.(jpg|jpeg|png|gif|js|css|htm|html)$ [NC]
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
    RewriteRule ^(.*)$ index.php?/$1 [L]

RewriteCond $1 !^(favicon\.ico|robots\.txt|sitemap\.xml|index\.php|tiny_mce_gzip\.php|__swift) [NC]
    RewriteCond $1 !\.(jpg|jpeg|png|gif|js|css|htm|html)$ [NC]
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
    RewriteRule ^([a-zA-Z0-9]*)/(.*)$ $1/index.php?/$2 [L]
    </IfModule>

And I made the following change to my config.php:
    Code:
    define('SWIFT_BASENAME', '');

Now the above is partially working in regards to "Friendly URLs". For example news is properly displayed as (example): https://www.kayako.com/News/NewsItem/View/133/meltdown-and-spectre-vulnerabilities

However the KB articles are still being displayed like: https://www.kayako.com/Knowledgebase/Article/View/163

So it's not using "Friendly URLs" for KB (Knowledgebase) articles. I have no clue why. Maybe I missed something?

Anyone has a clue here? Or do I need to do something else as well?

Thanks in advance.

3. MvdL79

MvdL79 Member

Nevermind. Figured it out. :)

4. bear

bear Kayako Guru

Don't know about you, but I've come across this literally hundreds of times, where I search for a solution, find the exact same thing someone's already experienced, and then they say "figured it out"...
    Don't be that guy. ;)
    Be nice, and share the answer so the next person might not have to go through that also.

5. MvdL79

MvdL79 Member

Just re-edit the newsitem.

6. Michael Lewis

Michael Lewis Member

Off-Site Optimization - Our local SEO services also expand off-site. If you want your business to rank high, your Google My Business page needs to be optimized as well. We’ll do this for you, making sure it is designed in a way that it does hit those key target phrases and keywords, your customers are searching for when they want to find the product or service you offer. This includes filling out key details such as your phone number, maps and business hours. For instance, changing your business hours in the right way can provide you with a competitive advantage, and we can show how this works.
    Visit Website Here: Charlotte SEO Company