1. This sub-forum relates to Kayako 3, which is now end-of-life. Please be aware that a lot of information relating to features, sales and the roadmap in the Kayako 3 forums is now outdated or defunct (no longer applicable).

If unsure about anything, please create a new thread or contact us.

You can visit the main forums for the latest Kayako here.

Session Expired due to "inactivity"???

Discussion in 'Kayako 3 Forums' started by twhiting9275, Nov 18, 2007.

1. twhiting9275

twhiting9275 Established Member

Okay, time for one of the other annoying little things that I've run across here:
    When working (primarily through the Win App), every once in a while I'll get this error (see subject). Now, obviously I'm not inactive. I'm at my computer, I'm working on other stuff, but, uhh, I've expired my session?

When trying to log back in, it's a 50/50 shot:
    50% of the time, I can log right back in and continue to work.
    50% of the time, I have to shut down the application, and restart it to allow me to get back to work.

Is there a way (there has to be somewhere right?) to set cookies for the LR application to be longer than normal, so that this can be avoided, or am I just hallucinating, and just going to have to put up with this?

Sure, it doesn't take but 60 seconds (tops) to restart the application, but my concern is not as much "support department" related, as much as my session timing out in the "live chat" area, even though I'm right here, and have used my computer for hours on end (I am usually always working on something, so I rarely leave). This would give users the false impression that I'm not actually here, ehh?

2. Varun Shoor

Varun Shoor Chief Kayaker Staff Member

Does your IP change often? As the sessions are locked onto an IP, a dynamic IP connection can cause the system to reject your request and end the session.

Regards,

Varun Shoor

3. twhiting9275

twhiting9275 Established Member

Actually, I don't think my IP's changed in months.

4. jnet

jnet New Member

I have the same problem , It it a long time. I need to fix this

5. supportskins

supportskins Kayako Guru

Did you try changing:
    Code:
    $_SWIFT["disablesessionipcheck"] = false;
    to:
    Code:
    $_SWIFT["disablesessionipcheck"] = true;
    in /config/config.php

6. jnet

jnet New Member

Yes I did and solved it actually I found your post in response to some body else. thank you

but one question : how does changing it to true effect my helpdesk?

7. craigbrass

craigbrass New Member

It stops sessions being tagged to IP addresses so if yours changes, it doesn't force a re-login.