1. Kayako Download customers: we will continue to develop and support Kayako Download beyond July 2017, alongside the new Kayako for existing customers.

Find out more.

2. The forum you are viewing relates to Kayako Classic. If you signed up or upgraded to the new Kayako (after the 4th July 2016), the information in this thread may not apply to you. You can visit the forums for the new Kayako here.

Setting and updating Ticket tags from the REST API

Discussion in 'Developing, APIs and extending' started by AndrewK, Jul 29, 2011.

1. AndrewK

AndrewK New Member

Hello, I need to be able to input and update ticket tags from the REST API and I was wondering if it is possible. Thank You

2. Jamie Edwards

Jamie Edwards Staff Member

3. AndrewK

AndrewK New Member

Yes, but can I input info into it from there too by doing a PUT?

4. Lee Conlin

Lee Conlin Member

I'd like to know about this too. According to the documentation for put it only accepts:
    Arguments (POST variables)

Green = Optional Variables
    NameDescription
    subject The Ticket Subject
    fullname Full Name of creator
    email Email Address of creator
    departmentid The Department ID
    ticketstatusid The Ticket Status ID
    ticketpriorityid The Ticket Priority ID
    tickettypeid The Ticket Type ID
    ownerstaffid The Owner Staff ID, if you want to set an Owner for this ticket
    userid The User ID, if you want to change the user for this ticket

We need this as we want to be able to update tags via the api.

5. bbusino

bbusino New Member

I'm looking at how to do this as well. To be clear, I want to be able to add / update tags with the REST API. Has anyone been able to do this? Does the API support it?

6. Lee Conlin

Lee Conlin Member

It's currently not possible to add or modify ticket tags using the REST API. I've asked for this several times on tickets and have been told that it's "in the works" ... but they were telling me that over a year ago so I'm not holding my breath.

In the end I wrote my own wrapper that incorporates the Staff API as well to do the tasks that the REST API can't seem to handle. You just have to be careful as some of the XML from the Staff API is a little different to it's counterpart in the REST API.

7. MSanz

MSanz New Member

Any news on this topic? Is it possible to manage tags using the REST API without any tricky stuff?