1. This sub-forum relates to Kayako 3, which is now end-of-life. Please be aware that a lot of information relating to features, sales and the roadmap in the Kayako 3 forums is now outdated or defunct (no longer applicable).

If unsure about anything, please create a new thread or contact us.

You can visit the main forums for the latest Kayako here.

Setting The Cron and Email Piping

Discussion in 'Installation and upgrading' started by bluque, Nov 12, 2007.

1. bluque

bluque New Member

Hi All,

I'm new around here, and have just bought my first Kayako license. I have the couple of questions/problems and was wondering if you'd be able to help me. First off, I've set the cron up in CrobTab, but when I try to run it I get the following error:

PHP Warning: require_once(./swift.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/html/cron/index.php on line 24
    PHP Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required './swift.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear') in /var/www/html/cron/index.php on line 24

The command which I'm trying to use is 'php /var/www/html/cron/index.php'.

Secondly, I am totally confused as to how email piping works; could someone tell me how to configure it to work correctly?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and I'm sorry if I sound like a noob - I'm probably one of the youngest on here...

Regards,
    Josh

2. bear

bear Reputed Member

The cron folder needs to be located in the directory where Kayako is installed. The path in the error: "./swift.php" tells the server to look one folder up from where it is for that file. Unless your Kayako installation exists at "/var/www/html" it can't find the file.
    Have you read the documentation yet? Try looking in there and coming back for specific questions. As it is, that's a pretty broad question.

3. bluque

bluque New Member

The cron folder is located in the root of the installation and the installation is at /var/www/html...

4. bluque

bluque New Member

And with the mail piping: I have a separate email server, now because of that, does it mean I can't use the mail piping feature?

5. supportskins

supportskins Kayako Guru

You cannot set up email piping if you do not have a running mail server on the server on which you have installed Kayako. In this case you will need to use POP3

6. bluque

bluque New Member

Forget the piping then. I'm still having problems with the cron; all the files are in the right place. Pleas help me! :(

7. supportskins

supportskins Kayako Guru

You might want to look into the "Setting up cron jobs (automated scheduled tasks)" section of the manual which explains how you can set the cron correctly on various control panels -- Page 82 of the manual I think.

8. bluque

bluque New Member

It's configured as guided in the manual; I've tried using php to execute the cron and it says in the manual to use wget but that says it's an unsupported scheme.

9. supportskins

supportskins Kayako Guru

try using curl

10. bluque

bluque New Member

CURL doesn't work either. All I want to know is why it isn't working and how I can fix it. All the files are in the right place...

11. supportskins

supportskins Kayako Guru

You need to ask your host to look into the issue if their servers are not configured to support wget or curl

12. WebStar

WebStar New Member

I also encountered this same issue and managed to work around it by modifying the code in /cron/index.php to reference the files swift.php and functions_cron.php by their absolute paths.

13. craigbrass

craigbrass New Member

Thanks for sharing how you fixed it with the community.