1. Kayako Download customers: we will continue to develop and support Kayako Download beyond July 2017, alongside the new Kayako for existing customers.

Find out more.

2. The forum you are viewing relates to Kayako Classic. If you signed up or upgraded to the new Kayako (after the 4th July 2016), the information in this thread may not apply to you. You can visit the forums for the new Kayako here.

Setting up new email queue - "Missing fields" error

Discussion in 'Installation and setup (Kayako Classic Download)' started by Philippeo, May 24, 2016.

1. Philippeo

Philippeo New Member

Settings are as followed:

Queue type:Tickets
    Mailbox type:IMAPSSL
    Queue template group:Default
    Email queue is enabled:Yes
    Port number:993
    Leave email on the server after fetching:No
    Use the same mailserver to send email:Yes
    SMTP connection type:TLS

This is identical to other queues. The connection verifies fine, but when "Insert" is clicked to create the queue, we get the error:

Missing fields
    One of the required field is empty or contains invalid data; please check your input.

Nothing is highlighted to specify what is invalid.

The thought was that this has to do with our Exchange Server. When we upgraded from 2003 to 2010 and had to so something with permissions to get the queues working on the new server. This is a new queue and a new user account. We compared Access permissions in Exchange and see no difference.

2. Gurpreet Singh

Gurpreet Singh Staff Member

Hi there!

We need to take a look into your instance. Please register a new case via support.kayako.com and we will help you.

3. Philippeo

Philippeo New Member

I know it's been awhile, but I figured I would provide an update.

Through massively customizing Kayako, there were no more global "Ticket Types". When we added a new department and tried to add an email queue to it, the field of "Ticket Type" did not so much as show up as an option. As soon as I added a global ticket type, I was able to set the email queue up without issue.