1. Kayako Download customers: we will continue to develop and support Kayako Download beyond July 2017, alongside the new Kayako for existing customers.

Find out more.

2. The forum you are viewing relates to Kayako Classic. If you signed up or upgraded to the new Kayako (after the 4th July 2016), the information in this thread may not apply to you. You can visit the forums for the new Kayako here.

Showing user email address in autocomplete dropdown list

Discussion in 'Style and design' started by Nawid Sahebzadeh, Dec 9, 2011.

1. Hi,

We have many customers who have more than one e-mail address. This is fine and Resolve can handle this very well except for when we are trying to create a new ticket for such user. For example:
    If User A has 2 e-mail addresses and we are creating a ticket for this user, when typing in his name a drop down list appears containing his name twice (one time for each e-mail address) but does not show which entry is for which e-mail address. This makes it very difficult to choose the correct e-mail address for the user.

Can anyone help me find the code which is used for compiling this list? I'm sure I'd be able to modify the code to meet my requirements.

Thank you,
    Nawid

2. Gary McGrath

Gary McGrath Staff Member

I am out of the office right now, so I can't check where, but I can well imagine its within the core.js or the staff js file, __swift\themes\admin_default

Gary

3. Hi Gary,
    Unfortunately the code is not located in the files you mentioned.

Nawid

4. Hi there,
    Can anyone help me with this issue?
    I'm not able to find the location of the code I am meant to modify to achieve this requirement.

Thanks,
    Nawid

5. ogbranny

ogbranny Member

Hi,

I'd like to bring this back up. I'm currently also looking for the location of the code, which is responsible for this autocomplete.
    We would like to include custom fields in the autocomplete Box.

6. ogbranny

ogbranny Member

7. ogbranny

ogbranny Member

Incase anyone is still wondering, the code changes need to be done in \__swift\apps\base\staff\class.Controll_User

Somewhere at line 1770.

PHP:
                if (isset($_emailMapLink['email']) && !empty($_emailMapLink['email']))
                {

$_finalDisplayText .= ' (' htmlspecialchars($_emailMapLink['email']) . ')';
                }
    This will display the email.

8. Could this be integrated into the official code? We have the same problem, and I don't really want to patch the Kayako code more than absolutely necessary.