1. Welcome to the feedback forum. Here's some tips for giving your suggestions the best shot:
    • Search before posting: See if someone else has already posted your suggestion. If you add your support to an existing, you're more likely to bubble up the request.
    • Keep one suggestion to one thread: Try not to club lots of different suggestions together in one thread. Otherwise, people will get confused about what they're voting for and we might miss your feedback.
  2. Kayako Download customers: we will continue to develop and support Kayako Download beyond July 2017, alongside the new Kayako for existing customers.

Find out more.

3. The forum you are viewing relates to Kayako Classic. If you signed up or upgraded to the new Kayako (after the 4th July 2016), the information in this thread may not apply to you. You can visit the forums for the new Kayako here.

Completed SLA pause

Discussion in 'Kayako product feedback and suggestions' started by Armando Vasquez, Feb 29, 2012.

1. Armando Vasquez

Armando Vasquez New Member

Hi,

What im trying to do is something like this :

Ticket Open -> Resolution Due (2:00 h)
    Ticket In Progress -> Resolution Due (Keep Counting, 1 h 45 m)
    Ticket Resolved -> Resolution Due Time (Stop)
    If Ticket Closed Ok
    Else Ticket In Progress -> Resolution Due (Keeps Counting Down From the last point : 1 h 45 m)

Is there anyway to do this?

dre2007 likes this.
  2. Brett1985

Brett1985 Member

+1 on this, Can anyone provide any clarity on this request? I need to have certain statuses to pause the clock. (i.e. Awaiting Vendor, Awaiting User Response, etc.)

Really appreciate anyone's help with this.

3. joshmaisey

joshmaisey New Member

+1, I too really need this feature and it's the only thing that is holding me back from registering a new Kayako account with a company that I've just joined.

I don't think there's a way that this can be achieved out of the box, but I'd be interested to know if this is something that could be customised/extended?

4. James McCann

James McCann Established Member

The clock does not get paused! I've been discussing this with Kayako support this morning, there is no function within Kayako to pause the timer! I've tried to raise this with kayako support, and they've completely misunderstood, but at the same time found two other bugs, one of which they've fixed!

5. Tom Lesniak

Tom Lesniak Established Member

+1
    Seems like it should be a flag that can be controlled when administering the status'.

6. Neketa Parmar

Neketa Parmar Kayako Staff

There should an option to pause SLA on a ticket when required. This would help to stop ticket from getting overdue in case the owner of the ticket is not present.

7. masterctrl1

masterctrl1 Kayako Guru

8. Drew Keller

Drew Keller Just one person in a world of millions.

I agree, but I think it would be better for the Pause to be linked to Statuses not a manual button etc. This would mean we can setup a status of Waiting for Client which Pauses the SLA, or waiting for 3rd Party etc.

Saying when the owner is away to me just sounds like you are not running a real business grade SLA, because who would agree to an SLA that is only valid if Person X is at the office, I know I personally would never sign a contract with a company who had SLA's like that.

9. masterctrl1

masterctrl1 Kayako Guru

+ to status option

10. James McCann

This is something I raised, causing Kayako to add this as a feature request.

I've not come across a system before that does not have a timer pause, option available! I just don't understand why they have left it out, when everything else seems to be so good.

It should work in way similar to the following scenario 'a call gets created at 1PM, with a SLA of two Hours, when an engineer replies, puts the ticket status to 'on hold' or 'awaiting customer response' say at 1:30PM, the ticket timer then is paused, when the customer replies say at 2PM, the timer continues still with 1 hour 30 minutes left', at the moment the timer continues and the SLA still gets bust.

How does everyone else who currently uses Kayako get around this scenario?

11. We have rasied this with the support team as a prospective customer and have been advised: -

"I discussed your requirements with our developers in detailed manner and confirmed that we are not as such planning for implementing the feature to 'Pause the SLA time' in any of the case. This feature is not required globally by all the clients and every client have their own requirements, so we suggest you to modify the source code files to achieve your requirements. I am sure you will under the logistics involved in this and would appreciate your understanding in this regard."

Looks like this isn't getting added any time soon unless you want to modify the source code!

12. Tom Lesniak

Tom Lesniak Established Member

Seems like several people are asking for this, and you can add me to the list!

13. James McCann

I am thoroughly disappointed, looks like we won't be purchasing Kayako now. I can't understand how you can produce a Ticketing System that does not work with SLA's correctly? Very strange.

14. Drew Keller

Drew Keller Just one person in a world of millions.

I have to say that Although I support this (as long as the pause is based on system defined Status(s) not just a staff member clicking the pause SLA button), however having worked in a corporate environment, I can actually understand that SLA's are quite often not Paused at anytime, because it is the Staff responsibility to followup with the client prior to the expiry of the SLA and therefore resetting the SLA to start again.

This is how I am using the system at the moment, however I can see the benefit in Pausing the SLA when you are waiting on Customer reply, Third Party Reply ETC as this measn you are giving a true SLA based on actual time of the ticket being in your control.

15. masterctrl1

masterctrl1 Kayako Guru

Pausing a ticket sounds more like an obscure function to me. We might use it occassionally, but an operator would have to make a decision when to pause a ticket and that's prone to mistakes.
    To me the primary function of the SLA is to ensure a tiered response. Once responded we don't care how long the customer waits to reply. If the case remains open and overdue, that is fine to us. You could also define a Hold status to indicate which overdue tickets are in limbo.

16. James McCann

The hold status could be set to make the SLA go into hold, when the engineer responds. When the customer replies via email for example the ticket would then open a trigger and go back into open and the timer continue. This gives a true SLA time. If it's via phone it is easy for an engineer to to change the status manually.

It's been added to their developers portal, vote for it here - http://dev.kayako.com/browse/SWIFT-2584

17. The feature we have requested is something that has been available in many other helpdesk systems that have been used by myself previously. SLA escalation is very important but if you are waiting on a customer reply then it can get escalated prematurely. Resetting the timer is obscuring the agreed SLA time so this won't work for us. It may well not suit everyone but it would suit our needs. Kayako seems to be one of the most feature rich products on the market so we're really hoping we can get this added so we can begin using it!

18. Szentmarjay Tibor

Szentmarjay Tibor Established Member

Would be good to mark statuses where SLA is on hold. We have resolution SLAs to our customers but if we need additional details we have to put the ticket into hold and until they client does not answer SLA should not ticket.

19. dre2007

dre2007 Member

I suppose that this will be resolved as I think this is a major improvement. Kayako is all about tickets and reports. If I have an SLA with one of my customers of 2 hours and I set the ticket on Contact as I requested additional information by mail, then the timer should stop as it is not in our control anymore..... Kayako would you please provide us with this update as this is essential in my point of view and, I think that that others also agree, this is a feature which should already be in this, right?

20. dre2007

dre2007 Member

Hi there,

Not sure if this is a duplicate post, hope not, but I need to know if there is/will be a function which can be configured to a status to pause a due time instead of stopping it. For example once I email one of my customers in which I ask for additional information I put it on contact. Then I want to pause the due time as it is out of my hands. My OLA's & SLA's are also 4 hours... If the customer doesn't reply on time my due time will be breached. Would you please tell me of how I can add a pause in the due time if I set a ticket to a certain ticket and once changed to another status ( for example "Active") it will continue again?

Thanks in advance.