1. Welcome to the feedback forum. Here's some tips for giving your suggestions the best shot:
    • Search before posting: See if someone else has already posted your suggestion. If you add your support to an existing, you're more likely to bubble up the request.
    • Keep one suggestion to one thread: Try not to club lots of different suggestions together in one thread. Otherwise, people will get confused about what they're voting for and we might miss your feedback.
  2. Kayako Download customers: we will continue to develop and support Kayako Download beyond July 2017, alongside the new Kayako for existing customers.

Find out more.

3. The forum you are viewing relates to Kayako Classic. If you signed up or upgraded to the new Kayako (after the 4th July 2016), the information in this thread may not apply to you. You can visit the forums for the new Kayako here.

Completed SLA pause

Discussion in 'Kayako product feedback and suggestions' started by Armando Vasquez, Feb 29, 2012.

1. Keith Hubner

Keith Hubner New Member

Yeah I did a search for SLAs, maybe I did it wrong! Apologies for the duplication. Any traction on this as it's a major one for me.

2. Sarbjit Singh

Sarbjit Singh Staff Member

Hi All,

This has also been marked as an improvement at JIRA. You can check it at SWIFT-2584

3. Andrew Grigsby

Andrew Grigsby New Member

4. FrankSmith

FrankSmith Established Member

5. Jamie Edwards

Jamie Edwards Staff Member

6. Da id Bowring

Da id Bowring New Member

7. James McCann

James McCann Established Member

8. Michael Mue

Michael Mue Member

Hi there,
    Hmm, I thought that this is fixed ?

See SLA settings:

"SLA Settings Clear reply due deadline on staff reply
    When a staff user replies to a ticket, the ticket reply due deadline will be cleared. A new reply due deadline will be calculated when a user next replies to the ticket.
    "

isn´t that saying that the due time is paused on staff reply and is ticking again after user response?
    Probably my bad English?

Of course, to have a specific pause status could be a better solution depending on ones setup...

Best regards,
    Michael.

9. James McCann

Hi Michael,

You are correct. Kayako now clears the reply deadline, but does not actually pause the overall SLA time when the staff user sets the ticket request to on hold as an example.

Therefore if you have a SLA of 24 hours, and your reply is 10 minutes, the reply deadline will clear when the staff user sends a reply to the customer, but the SLA timer is still ticking. The ticket request could actually be sat with the customer for the next 24 hours, therefore busting the SLA...:(...even though technically the SLA is not bust as it is sat with the customer.

10. Michael Mue

Michael Mue Member

Hi James,

got it.
    Many thanks for your good explanation.
    Just starting over here with SLAs so I haven´t recognized that yet. ... I have to say that is dissapointing. Open since 2012, too?

+1

Best regards,
    Michael.

11. James McCann

Hi Michael,

I know tell me about it! There are a few users on here that it doesn't effect, but mostly it effects everyone! If you want to get into the discussion with Kayako about SLA's, timings and your requirements there is a thread here. Kayako's Jamie Edwards is fronting it.

My director has recently asked for breakdowns regarding our SLA's, how many SLA's bust etc...I can't provide any as the system isn't true to form! At least I can provide reports with the reply timings!

12. Michael Mue

Michael Mue Member

Hi James,

many thanks for pointing me to this thread.

Best regards,
    Michael.

13. iandb

iandb Member

+100 :) I am so tired of resetting things

14. James McCann

15. iandb

iandb Member

How to respond and tell my idea in that atlassian.net feature request? this feature is very needed for us

16. James McCann

Hi iandb,

If you have your own ideas, Check out my post from earlier.

17. Wilco

Wilco New Member

+1!!!

I fully agree on this point...for good SLA measurements the SLA Timer should be paused when we are waiting for a customer reply.

Rgds,
    Wilco

18. Jamie Edwards

Jamie Edwards Staff Member

19. James McCann