1. Kayako Download customers: we will continue to develop and support Kayako Download beyond July 2017, alongside the new Kayako for existing customers.

Find out more.

2. The forum you are viewing relates to Kayako Classic. If you signed up or upgraded to the new Kayako (after the 4th July 2016), the information in this thread may not apply to you. You can visit the forums for the new Kayako here.

SMS alerts setup

Discussion in 'Apps and modifications' started by iangessey, Feb 4, 2015.

1. iangessey

iangessey Established Member

Morning

Just installed the SMS alerts add on - we have a Clickatel account setup.

Just need clarification on two points please:

4) Ensure you have mobile numbers set for each of your staff who will need to receive the SMS text messages. ( the mobile number will need to include the international dialling code - is this somewhere in Kayako or on the Clickatel platform?

The SMS system will now be active, to make notifications send out via SMS, simply edit your staff notification rule in the staff CP, and in the Dispatch Email (Custom) box add the email address: sms@sms.local - cant seem to find this setting.

Thanks in advance.

Ian

2. Drew Keller

Drew Keller Just one person in a world of millions.

Point 1 is in kayako, that is on the staff users profile under phone number

Point 2 staff cp > notifications > on notification (or a new one) in the dispatch email custom box type sms@sms.local

iangessey likes this.
  3. iangessey

My apologies - forgot to say thanks for this!
    Works fine btw.

Ian

4. factor

factor Member

which sms alerts addon are you speaking about?

5. factor

factor Member

6. iangessey

I would say try it - I'm running 4.66.2 and its happy enough.
    Ian

7. weechuan

weechuan New Member

Have anybody tried to modify the above to send to phone numbers of the users (customers) instead?

8. Gary McGrath

Gary McGrath Staff Member

That should be a fairly straight forward alteration, it would just need an additional SQL call to retrieve the users phone number and add it to the list

Gary