1. Welcome to the feedback forum. Here's some tips for giving your suggestions the best shot:
    • Search before posting: See if someone else has already posted your suggestion. If you add your support to an existing, you're more likely to bubble up the request.
    • Keep one suggestion to one thread: Try not to club lots of different suggestions together in one thread. Otherwise, people will get confused about what they're voting for and we might miss your feedback.
  2. Kayako Download customers: we will continue to develop and support Kayako Download beyond July 2017, alongside the new Kayako for existing customers.

Find out more.

3. The forum you are viewing relates to Kayako Classic. If you signed up or upgraded to the new Kayako (after the 4th July 2016), the information in this thread may not apply to you. You can visit the forums for the new Kayako here.

Completed Social media support (Twitter, Facebook integration)

Discussion in 'Kayako product feedback and suggestions' started by Aleborg, Apr 18, 2011.

1. Lee Conlin

Lee Conlin Member

Is there any chance of a Kayako staff member replying to this suggestion with some idea of if it is planned and what sort of time scale we might be looking at.

2. Jamie Edwards

Jamie Edwards Staff Member

Hi Lee,

It is planned and currently in the works, but I don't have a time scale for you at the moment.

alvaro.madrid likes this.
  3. Aleborg

Aleborg Member

It's been a year since my first request on this. Is there any ETA at all? Social media as a support channel is more or less required today and it's very important for us and I geuss many others as well. Your competitors already have the features and at least we need to move on if this isn't supportend in a near future.

4. NC Software

NC Software Member

I'd like to see Facebook, G+, Pinterest, and Twitter at least for News and KB articles

5. KayakoSolutions

KayakoSolutions Established Member

6. maxhodges

maxhodges Established Member

It might be smart to integrate social networks into Kayako. There's a lot of new solutions to address this shifting landscape in support, such as LiveAgent's all-in-one solution, Zendesk.com and desk.com.

Facebook Support
    Turn Facebook wall messages into tickets. Your answers will reach also friends of your customers.

Twitter Support
    Help on all fronts! Monitor and answer all influential tweets from one place.

would be nice to implement some module or something in Kayako for this. I could contribute some feature/design ideas and beta test if you like.

Cheers

7. factor

factor Member

Yes please, specially twitter integration for mentions should be easy to implement. And now you are at it, facebook & twitter login if possible.

maxhodges likes this.
  8. factor

factor Member

It hasn't updated files since septembre of 2011, does it works?

9. maxhodges

maxhodges Established Member

yes, this xenforo community forums you are using did an excellent facebook login integration. Maybe you could borrow some code from them :)

10. KayakoSolutions

KayakoSolutions Established Member

I personally have no idea. Guys, who are using this software, please give us your feedback.

Thank you!

11. Aleborg

Aleborg Member

bump...

12. daniel123

daniel123 Member

I like this and to me i think it will be good :)

13. Lee Conlin

Lee Conlin Member

Yeah, come on Jamie... every other support desk software out there has this already!

SalesForce/ServiceForce, Assistly, ZenDesk, etc.... they all have social already... what's taking Kayako so long?

14. nibb

nibb Reputed Member

Well, I would prefer Facebook first instead of Twitter, but that is just me, because its way easier to get Twitter alerts in every possible and imaginable way, from phone, to other apps. Facebook is not that easy, in particular if you only want to receive then for your wall post on your fan page because you would need to receive all alerts, including personal ones. And I guess we are talking about social data related to your company or public page.

In any case if this feature gets ever implemented it should be able to be restricted by department so you can decide which person or department will handle this social data.

15. Aleborg

Aleborg Member

16. Drew Keller

Drew Keller Just one person in a world of millions.

This is again where different customers have different requirements, for me reporting is 300 times more important than social media, because my business is focused on business customers not consumer customers therefore social media support is a very small aspect.

It is this type of conflicting requirement that Kayako need to access and judge to determine the I
    Importance for development.

17. Lee Conlin

Lee Conlin Member

Even businesses have twitter/facebook these days.... and you can guarantee that all the people you deal with have some kind of social footprint. Do you not want to catch the cases where people complain/praise on twitter about their work day dealing with your company?

18. Aleborg

Aleborg Member

@kayako, anything to say on this? Any plans at all to implement it? For us it's important to know, so that we can plan our support management.

19. alvaro.madrid

alvaro.madrid Established Member

+1 zendesk, desk.com and other system already have it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. Andreas Nyberg

Andreas Nyberg New Member

+1
    this will be a requirement for us too, ETA, Kayako?