1. Welcome to the feedback forum. Here's some tips for giving your suggestions the best shot:
    • Search before posting: See if someone else has already posted your suggestion. If you add your support to an existing, you're more likely to bubble up the request.
    • Keep one suggestion to one thread: Try not to club lots of different suggestions together in one thread. Otherwise, people will get confused about what they're voting for and we might miss your feedback.
  2. Kayako Download customers: we will continue to develop and support Kayako Download beyond July 2017, alongside the new Kayako for existing customers.

Find out more.

3. The forum you are viewing relates to Kayako Classic. If you signed up or upgraded to the new Kayako (after the 4th July 2016), the information in this thread may not apply to you. You can visit the forums for the new Kayako here.

Completed Social media support (Twitter, Facebook integration)

Discussion in 'Kayako product feedback and suggestions' started by Aleborg, Apr 18, 2011.

1. Joe Jordan

Joe Jordan Member

Any progress on this feature? I would also like to see LinkedIn and Instagram added.... and while we're add it, two-way login sync with WordPress would be fantastic. :)

2. aartech

aartech Member

Hey folks, it seems that a feature planned since 2011 more like a tease than a planned feature. When do you plan to offer twitter support? I see the last request for an update was in March 2015 and no-one bothered to reply so perhaps the idea was abandoned but I believe it's needed to keep this as a competitive product.

3. Phil R

Phil R Established Member

real soon now

4. Gary McGrath

Gary McGrath Staff Member

Hi there,

The feature was not planned since 2011, that is when it was suggested, we marked it as planned much more recently, as it is being added to our next major release. As Phil suggested with the spoiler, we are close to giving out more information about that, but we are not quite ready yet.

Gary

5. Phil R

Phil R Established Member

Gary,

Not sure you aware, but RSN is a derogatory term used in software development when talking about when things will be released. It has the same meaning as the sign you might find in the pub marked "free beer tomorrow", as tomorrow is never today.

As for not planned since 2011. Have you taken the time to read the thread at all?

Reply 1 in 2011 in http://forums.kayako.com/threads/so...itter-facebook-integration.26098/#post-123557
    Reply 8 in 2011 in http://forums.kayako.com/threads/so...itter-facebook-integration.26098/#post-131667
    This one was from yourself
    Reply 21 http://forums.kayako.com/threads/so...facebook-integration.26098/page-2#post-141356
    From 2012 says planned

Reply 42 http://forums.kayako.com/threads/so...facebook-integration.26098/page-3#post-154288
    From 2013 says it's being worked on

I'll stop now, but just to point out, it was absolutely planned in 2011.

6. Gary McGrath

Gary McGrath Staff Member

Hi Phil,

I did get how you meant your spoiler, and I totally agree we have ( and are ) taking too long. Above I was just trying to explain the blue "planned" tags we added to posts, these specifically are something we created to tag features coming in our next major release.

Gary

7. ironfist

ironfist Established Member

We have been looking at other helpdesk apps lately, and most of them seem to have social media features and have overtaken Kayako. There are certainly some very worthy contenders out there now with just as many features as Kayako, inlcuding the major ones that FUSION is still misisng years after so many people have requested them. Such as social media support, image manager in the wysiwyg editor, etc.

8. Jamie Edwards

Jamie Edwards Staff Member

9. Digital Aroma

Digital Aroma New Member

Social Media Marketing will support you very well. There are outstanding Social Media Marketing Services which allow our web pages to get more reach to different kinds of customers.
    1. Facebook Marketing Services
    2. YouTube Marketing Services
    3. LinkedIn Marketing Services
    4. Google Plus Marketing Services
    5. Instagram Marketing Services
    6. Twitter Marketing Services