1. Kayako Download customers: we will continue to develop and support Kayako Download beyond July 2017, alongside the new Kayako for existing customers.

Find out more.

(split) Holbi's SEO mod pre-development discussion

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by Andrew Scott, Apr 14, 2008.

1. Andrew Scott

Andrew Scott Established Member

Hello Everyone, I have a quick question,we are running new services for our clients and we need SEO urls for troubleshooter and for Knowledge base to make our articles more friendly for search engines. Please if anyone can give me an information when Kayako v4 is going to come. Because if it takes too much, my company will develop this modification.

2. craigbrass

craigbrass Experienced Member

V4 has no release date although Jamie has said it will not be out for over 6 months.

3. Andrew Scott

Thanks for your comments Craig, appreciated. Here are some more good news for Kayako customers! Our company is currently working on implementation of a Search Engine Optimization module for Kayako's Knowledge Base. The module will allow not only for specifying custom URLs for KB articles, but also for proper search engine friendly page titles and META tags, and also usage of Header HTML tags. We have done similar module for osCommerce system and it works pretty well on a number of online stores of our customers, so we believe our SEO module for Kayako will too work well and will bring more visitors to Kayako customers' sites.

I hope to have the BETA version ready in 2-3 weeks, will post screenshots and a link to a sample installation then. I will keep you guys posted!

4. Jamie Edwards

Jamie Edwards Staff Member

Good luck Andrew, it will certainly be good to see what happens with your development :)

5. Andrew Scott

New SEO Modification for Kayako

Thanks Jamie :) !

In the matter of fact we have a RC version already that I have used to take these screenshots of Holbi's Search Engine Optimization module for Kayako Knowledgebase.

I'm attaching the screens to this post in order to collect some feedback from the users of this forum. So, please do not hesitate to comment on how you or your customers would like to see this based on what has already been done - and I will pass your comments to our Kayako Development Team.

Once we have got the Beta version - we shall upload one to a demo server for a review by our Beta testers.
    1) Image 1 - We created new Group Type for Kayako custom fields and linked this group with Kayako Knowledgebase and in the future it can be implemented for Troubleshooter as well
    [​IMG]
    2)Image 2 - We created 4 custom fields for our modification:
    SEO Page Name
    SEO Page Title
    SEO Page META keywords
    SEO Page META description
    [​IMG]
    3)Image 3
    When you create a new article or edit an existing one, you can enter all required SEO information directly on the page in the back end, and then the entered data will be incorporated into the pages of the Knowledgebase front end
    [​IMG]
    4) Image 4, This screenshot shows how our module works for Kayako Knowledgebase. One can see Search Engine friendly URLs all over the page, search engine friendly Title tag, META tags, and also the name of the article is enclosed into H1 HTML tag to highlight its importance to Search Engines
    [​IMG]
    5)Image 5. On this screenshot one can find a source code of the knowledgebase article, also we added 2 new metatags: keywords and description.
    [​IMG]
    I'm waiting for your comments guys, :)

6. Andrew Scott

Thanks Jamie :) !

In the matter of fact we have a RC version already that I have used to take these screenshots of Holbi's SEO module for Kayako Knowledgebase.

I'm attaching the screens to this post in order to collect some feedback from the users of this forum. So, please do not hesitate to comment on how you or your customers would like to see this based on what has already been done - and I will pass your comments to our Kayako Development Team.

Once we have got the Beta version - we shall upload one to a demo server for a review by our Beta testers.
    Image 1 We created new Group Type for Kayako custom fields and linked this group with Kayako Knowledgebase and in the future it can be implemented for Troubleshooter as well
    [​IMG]
    Image 2
    We created 4 custom fields for our modification:
    SEO Page Name
    SEO Page Title
    SEO Page META keywords
    SEO Page META description
    [​IMG]
    Image 3
    When you create a new article or edit an existing one, you can enter all required SEO information directly on the page in the back end, and then the entered data will be incorporated into the pages of the Knowledgebase front end
    [​IMG]
    Image 4
    This screenshot shows how our module works for Kayako Knowledgebase. One can see Search Engine friendly URLs all over the page, search engine friendly Title tag, META tags, and also the name of the article is enclosed into H1 HTML tag to highlight its importance to Search Engines.
    [​IMG]
    Image 5
    On this screenshot one can find a source code of the knowledgebase article, also we added 2 new metatags: keywords and description.
    [​IMG]
    Waiting for your comments guys

7. Andrew Scott

Thank you, Jamie

8. Jamie Edwards

Jamie Edwards Staff Member

Hi Andrew,

Your post was caught in the moderation queue (auto moderation based on post content and your post count, to prevent link spammers). I have now approved your post - which is looking very good :)

9. nolageek

nolageek Member

Oh wow. If you need anyone to beta test it, let me know. :)

10. Andrew Scott

Thank you nolageek ;-), as soon as our programmers finish the module, I'll create a post with the link. ;-)

11. nolageek

nolageek Member

/me is drooling.

12. Andrew Scott

:):):):) You will be the first one who will be able to touch this module of Holbi.
    Andrew,

13. nolageek

nolageek Member

Any word on this? :)

14. Andrew Scott

Hi Nolageek, 22 of may we will release b version of this feature, I'll send you a message about this module for kayako,

Andrew, Holbi :)

15. Andrew Scott

quick question, what for we need nav=0 - part of URL?

16. nolageek

nolageek Member

Hey Andrew. I never heard from you --- has it been released?

17. Andrew Scott

18. nolageek

nolageek Member

Still never heard from you.

19. nolageek

nolageek Member

What's going on with www.holbi.co.uk/?

I'd really love this SEO module, but I haven't been able to get to the site in ages.

20. John Haugeland

John Haugeland New Member

Er, I can get to that site just fine, nola.