SSO Logout and Background Login

Discussion in 'Building with the Kayako API' started by saulfautley, Aug 3, 2017.

1. saulfautley

saulfautley New Member

I am busy implementing SSO on my website. Please could someone tell me if it's possible to do the following...
    1. Is there any way to log a user OUT of my helpdesk when they log out on my website? If someone logs out on my website I don't want them to still be logged in on my helpdesk. This kind of defeats the point of SSO doesn't it?
    2. I would like to be able to log a user into my helpdesk as soon as they log in to my website, so that when they access the helpdesk at any time they are already logged in. Is this possible to do? I have tried adding the SSO login URL to an iframe in the page, which works somewhat, but it throws a 'sameorigin' error on my website, and it also doesn't seem to work for the Messenger. It does however successfully log the user into the helpdesk.
    This page talks about embedding part of Kayako on my website, which might point to a solution to point 2 above, but it doesn't give a lot if info so not sure where to go from here.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.