Staff not getting notification email of new tickets

Discussion in 'Installation and setup (Kayako Download)' started by alexkim, Mar 14, 2011.

1. alexkim

alexkim Member

Set up a testing enviroment and have assigned a user to a team which is assigned to a department and when another user submits a ticket they receive the conformation email but my staff user does not. Is there anything else that needs setting up?

2. Andres Berdugo - Dewak

Andres Berdugo - Dewak Experienced Member

Can you post a screenshot of the "Notification" you created ?

3. alexkim

alexkim Member

Dont follow what you are askign for

4. Andres Berdugo - Dewak

5. alexkim

alexkim Member

In V3 I had an "alert" in Staff > Tickets > Alert so that whenever a user created a ticket the staff were notified by an email giving a description of the ticket. this is what im trying to replicate in V4.

6. Andres Berdugo - Dewak

7. mblendinger

mblendinger Established Member

I have various notifications configured but I do not receive notifications. Maybe it is cause the email is sent to the assigned staff, and new tickets are not auto assigned to a staff ?

8. mblendinger

An example:

Notification: Aviso de nuevo ticket

Is enabled? Yes
    [​IMG] If "Event" Equal "New Ticket"
    [​IMG] If "Event" Equal "New Client Reply"

Active Ticket Owner: All tilded (All Staff and Staff Team and "Department" too)

Dispatch Email (Staff) ---> All staff tilded

Dispatch Email (Custom) ---> my email to test it.

nothing happened.

9. shahzadgodil

shahzadgodil New Member

This is a known bug in V4. We was also shocked also when customer support person told us that this simple thing is a bug and it will be fixed in upcoming build.
    http://dev.kayako.com/browse/SWIFT-1038

Shahzad Godil

10. mblendinger

11. mblendinger

it worked for you when a ticket is created by an incoming email ?

12. steveo111

steveo111 New Member

I'm having exactly the same issue whether sent via email or directly enetered - no email is sent. Is there a workaround? Which statuses Do fire an event with the notification system?

13. jimmyneu

jimmyneu Established Member

Wow. This is a huge bug! I rely on my Blackberry to get the notifications of tickets in more or less real time as they are rec'd. Almost none of my users submit issues thorhg the Helpdesk. They simply email us directly and we need to be notified when the tickets are created.

Please tell me there is some workaround? Or a fix is close at hand? I just upgraded to the latest 4.01.204 and can't believe this doesn't work!

14. brat42

brat42 Established Member

Bumping. Emails are not sent out to us. I don't check Kayako 24/7 for tickets!

15. Drew Keller

Drew Keller Just one person in a world of millions.

This works perfectly for us. What notifications do you have set up?
    What version are you using?

Also remember that Kayako fixed a bug to stop notifications being sent to the person completing the action. Ie you don't get emails for something you do.

Mle likes this.
  16. Mle

Mle Established Member

17. tomluosoacom

tomluosoacom New Member

We are testing resolve 4.50.1581, staff cannot receive email when customers create ticket via email or on the webpage, but customers can get confirmation email information requests were received.

18. tomluosoacom

tomluosoacom New Member

We are testing resolve 4.50.1581, staff cannot receive email when customers create ticket via email or on the webpage, but customers can get confirmation email information requests were received. Does anybody know how to fix it?

19. Drew Keller

Drew Keller Just one person in a world of millions.

What do your notifications look like?

20. tomluosoacom

tomluosoacom New Member

Hi Drew,
    Thanks for having a look at it. Attached the notification setting.

Attached Files: