1. Kayako Download customers: we will continue to develop and support Kayako Download beyond July 2017, alongside the new Kayako for existing customers.

Find out more.

2. The forum you are viewing relates to Kayako Classic. If you signed up or upgraded to the new Kayako (after the 4th July 2016), the information in this thread may not apply to you. You can visit the forums for the new Kayako here.

Staffreply - how to edit dropdown list of 'From' email options

Discussion in 'Developing, APIs and extending' started by JakeSK, Jun 29, 2016.

1. JakeSK

JakeSK Member

I have an email queue in the helpdesk that collects mail from my main email address. I also have an email alias set up that also gets its mail delivered to that same email account. In the helpdesk I have a rule set up that filters out incoming mail for the alias and puts it into a separate department. (Note: I cannot change this email/alias setup at this time.)

My problem is that when replying to tickets in the alias department, I don't have the option to respond as support@alias.com - rather it shows the address that is used for the email queue. How can I go about changing the dropdown list of email address to select as the 'From' field when replying to a ticket?

It looks like $_fromEmailAddress is set in ./__apps/tickets/library/Ticket/class.SWIFT_TicketEmailDispatch.php around line 277. However, when I make changes to this file I do not see them reflected in the app.

Can anyone offer any advice on this? Thanks.