Submit case as user

Discussion in 'Using the new Kayako' started by Ben Hillsley, Sep 8, 2016.

1. Ben Hillsley

Ben Hillsley New Member

Hi,

In the new (K5) version, is there a way to start a case as a user? I have users who email me directly, rather than using the support email address, and in K4 I would just copy their email into the system.

As far as I can see this option isn't available in K5, as when I start a new case, any text entered is treated as coming from the agent.

Any help would be appreciated.

Ben

2. Gary McGrath

Gary McGrath Staff Member

Hi Ben,

We are working on creating a new email address to resolve that ( where you would just forward the email to the alternate support address and it would create the case from the original user in the email ). That will hopefully resolve the issue for you long term, I will see if I can find out how far out that service is.

In the meantime, all you can do is create the new case for the user using the + sign at the top of the agent area. Then in here, you could add the first post from the customer as a note ( rather than a reply )

Gary

3. Phil R

Phil R Established Member

Gary,

Your proposal seems dangerous. More oddly, is this is a subject I had actually come here today to explore around another area.

Humans, are well, humans.

In v4, we have had to build in rules that when a staff member replies to an email notification, they need to modify the subject line to include a specific tag if they want it to be put as a reply on the ticket.

Replies to normal notifications were not the problem, but when poor decisions around a reply were made to a notification about a new note, then we had issues.

Said replies became customer facing.

We live in an era of Gmail & Outlook, in which email address auto-completion is far too easy. On countless occasions, both services have resulted in a search for my (and others) names, auto-populating one or more of our support queue mailbox email addresses.

How do you propose to handle such situations?

4. Gary McGrath

Gary McGrath Staff Member

Hey Phil,

That is a good question, right now there is no easy way to stop yourself falling foul of that. I have already raised with the product team that we need some more actions within triggers, such as "add as note" and other things, which would help build some rules to protect yourself from those kind of mistakes.

Gary

edit: should say, if you can think of any other actions in triggers which would add value, let me know, and I will get it added to my ticket