1. This sub-forum relates to Kayako 3, which is now end-of-life. Please be aware that a lot of information relating to features, sales and the roadmap in the Kayako 3 forums is now outdated or defunct (no longer applicable).

If unsure about anything, please create a new thread or contact us.

You can visit the main forums for the latest Kayako here.

Support Suite integration with WHMCS [MERGED]

Discussion in 'Kayako 3 Forums' started by bear, Dec 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bear

bear Reputed Member

WHMCS has announced the integration with Kayako has been completed and is included with the new 3.5 release. It apparently requires some files that are only available from Kayako in the CVS "beta" builds. I won't install these, as I don't have time to be able to troubleshoot, etc.

Will this be usable with a slightly older version of the suite (3.04.10)?
    Will it work with the full normal release of the suite if not (3.11.01)?
    I wont' be the only one asking about this, I'd imagine, based on forum posts over there discussing it. ;)

2. craigbrass

craigbrass New Member

I don't think you'll be able to "patch" 3.04.10. You will need to upgrade.

It is committed to CVS so I imagine it will be released with 3.12.00.

3. Jamie Edwards

Jamie Edwards Chief Limey Staff Member

Hi there,

This will be released officially with 3.11.02. However, the current CVS build is currently being tested and primed for our next stable release, 3.11.02 - so should be find to run. As always though, please take a backup.

The current CVS build is available to all customers with an active support package, and can be found under the Builds tab.

I am afraid not, as setting changes (involving file and database changes) are required for WHMCS integration, just like with the ModernBill integration option.

4. Jamie Edwards

5. bear

bear Reputed Member

Yup, I was afraid of that. Been avoiding it as we've customized quite a bit, but its unavoidable. Dang progress. :p

6. hbidad

hbidad Established Member

Does this require a separate license? I went ahead and took the plunge.

So far it appears to work, but as a client from WHMCS and viewing the tickets I get a big red error:

ERROR (2): Domain does not match license key file domain (client.domain.com), please change the product path to match the domain under Admin CP > Settings > General Settings
    This Product will not work properly unless untill that value is changed.

We have WHMCS installed under client.domain.com and kayako under support.domain.com

7. hbidad

Also, I'm not sure if this is related, but when viewing the frontpage of kayako without being logged in, we see the following:

Invalid SQL: SELECT kbarticles.*, kbarticlelinks.*, kbcategories.categorytype FROM `swkbarticles` AS kbarticles LEFT JOIN `swkbarticlelinks` AS kbarticlelinks ON (kbarticles.kbarticleid = kbarticlelinks.kbarticleid) LEFT JOIN `swkbcategories` AS kbcategories ON (kbarticlelinks.kbcategoryid = kbcategories.kbcategoryid) LEFT JOIN `swtgroupassigns` AS tgroupassigns ON (kbarticlelinks.kbcategoryid = tgroupassigns.toassignid AND tgroupassigns.type = '5') WHERE ((tgroupassigns.tgroupid = '1') OR (kbarticlelinks.kbcategoryid = 0)) AND (kbcategories.categorytype != 'public') AND (kbarticles != 'published') ORDER BY kbarticles.views DESC LIMIT 4; (Unknown column 'kbarticles' in 'where clause')

This is with the latest CVS as of right now. Just food for the thought if you are eager like I was

8. craigbrass

craigbrass New Member

Contact support and ask them to licence the second domain. Hopefully they will do it free of charge as it is the same helpdesk.

9. Neil-UKWSD

Neil-UKWSD Kayako Guru

I've just done a fresh install of the CVS to play around with the WHMCS integration and start to skin things to match and seeing this same error on the SupportSuite index page.

10. Jamie Edwards

This has been fixed - please upgrade to the CVS build on December 13th -or- simply update the file /modules/core/client_index.php

11. Neil-UKWSD

Neil-UKWSD Kayako Guru

Thanks Jamie,

Will grab the update when available, for now I have disabled the popular KB articles on the index page which stops the error.

12. Jamie Edwards

Please note that integration is only possible if your Kayako SupportSuite license is valid for the domain under which WHMCS is installed.

If it is not (i.e. you have SupportSuite installed at support.domain.com and WHMCS at billing.domain.com), you must purchase an additional domain license or move the installations of either.

13. hbidad

You've got to be kidding. At WHMCS another member said that this would be corrected in tonights CVS. At least thats what they quoted from Kayako support.

14. Jamie Edwards

Hi hbidad,

The notice regarding the license file does not relate to the error talked about above, which has been fixed in the CVS build for 13th December 2007.

15. chrisduk

chrisduk New Member

hello

why is the kayako integration so ugly? it just seems to load supportsuite in a frame.

i know when i used kayako with modernbill v4 it was a nice integration. also i found if you click my tickets. and click a ticket to open it. it just refreshes the frame rather than load the actual ticket.

16. Jamie Edwards

Please report bugs to the bug tracker, as usual.

17. hbidad

Hi,

I understand that, but it was mentioned to the other way as well.

Don't you think it's a bit unethical to force a user to purchase a another addon domain just to use something that was already promised. Not to mention it's just now mentioned after I'm so far in I'm committed.

I'll be blunt with my opinions... I think it is down right shady an unethical.

18. Jamie Edwards

We'll consider giving additional licenses to those in the situation where they have no control over their domains (either due to their own host or they have already set up at different locations), but this would only be possible for Owned licenses.

Please bear with us, you will hear from us officially about this issue tomorrow.

On a side note, please remember that just because WHMCS has released their stable build that allows for Kayako integration, does not mean our integration code is mature or stable yet; it is still in the CVS.

19. Jamie Edwards

Important: WHMCS integration information

WHMCS have released 3.5 which brings the ability to integrate Kayako products. However, the integration code in SupportSuite and eSupport is still in the CVS, is still in testing and is not yet mature.

If you wish to test the integration and upgrade to the latest CVS build you can get the latest under the Builds tab within your members area. Please report all bugs to the bug tracker.

20. Jamie Edwards

We are aware of the potential licensing issue if you have installed WHMCS and your Kayako product under different domains. If this is an issue for you, please wait until tomorrow to hear from us. This is not a software issue but is a licensing issue.

Thanks,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.