1. The forum you are viewing relates to Kayako 3, which reached end of life in 2012. Please be aware that a lot of information relating to features, sales and the roadmap in the Kayako 3 forums is now outdated or defunct (i.e. plain wrong!).

If unsure about anything, please create a new thread or contact us.

You can visit the main forums for the latest Kayako here.

Support Suite integration with WHMCS [MERGED]

Discussion in 'Kayako 3 Forums' started by bear, Dec 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cyberneticos

cyberneticos Reputed Member

We need a Create new Ticket button for this integration (Ticket View) in the ticket list page.

Customers are calling like crazy cuase they can't create a ticket from there.

2. Varun Shoor

Varun Shoor Chief Kayaker Staff Member

You can easily add that in templates.

As for the CSS issues, I have pushed out a fix for this into CVS. The idea is to prevent the links CSS from appearing if its loaded inside the integration.

Code:
    <{if $iswhmcs == false}>
    A:active {
    	COLOR: #000000; TEXT-DECORATION: none; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana, Tahoma; FONT-SIZE: 11px;
    }
    A:visited {
    	COLOR: #000000; TEXT-DECORATION: none; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana, Tahoma; FONT-SIZE: 11px;
    }
    A:hover {
    	COLOR: #3894E5; TEXT-DECORATION: none; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana, Tahoma; FONT-SIZE: 11px;
    }
    A:link {
    }
    <{/if}>

Just put that up in your clientcss template. I have already committed it into CVS though.

Regards,

Varun Shoor

3. Varun Shoor

I did fix the links issue and the file name issues. If they are still a problem for you (with the latest CVS) then please give me steps to replicate it.

Thanks.

Regards,

Varun Shoor

4. cyberneticos

VarĂșn, there is something that I'm a bit scared of,. I'm using CVS in production right now. How do I upgrade to this jan 3rd cvs withouth erasing everything ? I tried it from Jan 1 to Jan2 and It did not work.

Thanks

5. craigbrass

craigbrass New Member

You just need to upload the new upload directory from the CVS version then run the upgrade tool.

6. cyberneticos

Ok great, where is this upgrade tool ?

7. craigbrass

craigbrass New Member

Go to /setup/ and click upgrade.

8. cyberneticos

I just updated to the last CVS and the css issues are still there. Where is the clientcss ?

EDIT : FOUND IT :)

9. Varun Shoor

I dont think the CVS with those changes is built up yet. The CVS builds are generated at midnight.

Regards,

Varun Shoor

10. cyberneticos

ahh. ok. thought you built it earlier.

Thanks. We can finally see the light at the end of this tunnel.

Glad to have you here, . . . . . . finally.

11. hbidad

hbidad Established Member

The steps to reproduce it?

see the image below

Attached Files:

12. hbidad

Varun, can you comment on the issue with the users being created in kayako with the whmcs email? Any way to carry the password from the clients WHMCS to eliminate the issue? If not, we would need to keep manually changing the passwords on request to give the user direct access back to kayako (if they are using the same email address)

Here's a good scenario..

My downloads are only allowed for users that are logged in. If a client clicks on a "download" button, they are greeted with "you do not have permission". Obviously this causes a bunch of confusion as they think they will be able to login with WHMCS login information. The only way to have the downloads work correctly is to allow public downloads.

13. craigbrass

craigbrass New Member

As Varun said, it may not have made it to CVS yet. Try tomorrows build when it is generated at midnight and post back with your findings.

14. craigbrass

craigbrass New Member

Let me make sure I have this right. Client is previously registered in Kayako. They then register in WHMCS and go to view tickets.

If this is the case, the entire ticket history will be listed as it works off email addresses.

15. hbidad

He was talking about the CSS issue... please don't confuse this more than it really is.

16. hbidad

If a client opens a ticket in WHMCS without ever registering in Kayako, the user is created in the the kayako user database with the email address from whmcs. However, the passwords don't match. Thus, they can't login or register in kayako until staff changes the password for the user in the users database.

17. craigbrass

craigbrass New Member

Ah I see the problem but I don't think it is one that can be fixed. Kayako stores them in plain text where as WHMCS stores them as MD5.

Do they actually need to login to Kayako anyway if they can do so through WHMCS?

18. hbidad

If the integration was working correctly, for most no...

How else would you handle private downloads restricted from the public as I mentioned already? This leaves the only option to hack with the integration and place back WHMCS download functions.

What about any custom widgets that may exists that requires login?

See what I mean

19. hbidad

This is a good example of why Kayako should use at least MD5 (mentioned in another ongoing thread". The excuse is "if they want it bad enough, they will get it" True, but why not leave you keys in your car?

20. Varun Shoor

The integration is limited to the sections covered in WHMCS. Widgets and other areas are extension of our product and cannot be extended into WHMCS due to the limit in flexibility provided by their integration codebase.

I am unable to replicate the viewarticle error, it links to viewdownload in my installation. Can you email me complete access to your installation?

WHMCS does not use MD5, they use their own crypto which has a standardized function to decrypt. I can make the system store the same password as WHMCS in Kayako database if thats what you want.

Let me know.

Regards,

Varun Shoor

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.