1. This sub-forum relates to Kayako 3, which is now end-of-life. Please be aware that a lot of information relating to features, sales and the roadmap in the Kayako 3 forums is now outdated or defunct (no longer applicable).

If unsure about anything, please create a new thread or contact us.

You can visit the main forums for the latest Kayako here.

Support Suite integration with WHMCS [MERGED]

Discussion in 'Kayako 3 Forums' started by bear, Dec 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. craigbrass

craigbrass New Member

Oh, right. If you can do it then you may as well do so. It makes more sense that way. The only reason I said what I did above is because I thought you couldn't get it back into plain text.

2. cyberneticos

cyberneticos Reputed Member

I would like both to have the same passwords too, incase I decide to open the kayako portion and not just limit users to the WHMCS integration.

3. hbidad

hbidad Established Member

Varun,

Thank you for the explanation. Would this cause difficulties for previous clients? Would direct kayako registration still function correctly if the email does not exist in whmcs?

4. hbidad

Just is case others notice the same issue;

I've had the pleasure of speaking with Varun on live chat and was then able to better explain the issue. Once a better explanation of the issue, Varun quickly found the bug and corrected this.

In /whmcspath/modules/support/kayako/download.php (line 9)

find
    Code:
    $_REQUEST["_a"] = "viewdownload"; $_GET["_a"] = "viewarticle"; $_POST["_a"] = "viewarticle";
    and replace with
    Code:
    $_REQUEST["_a"] = "viewdownload"; $_GET["_a"] = "viewdownload"; $_POST["_a"] = "viewdownload"; 
    Varun already committed this to the CVS and I assume this will be available in tonights CVS

5. pjs32

pjs32 Member

Blank page

Hi,
    When trying to view kayako within whmc all we get is a blank page - any ideas?

6. craigbrass

craigbrass New Member

Are you using the latest Kayako build (ie the one from this morning) and the latest version of WHMCS?

7. pjs32

pjs32 Member

yes,using the latest cvs build and the latest whmcs release.

8. hbidad

Did you enabled the integration inside WHMCS admin area?

9. pjs32

pjs32 Member

yep! done that

10. hbidad

By chance you didn't put the template files from Kayako inside the template folder of WHMCS did you?

you should have something like;

/home/username/public_html/templates/kayako

and inside the kayako folder should be templates that were given from the package.

11. pjs32

pjs32 Member

I have turned on debugging and get the below error,any ideas?

Warning: chdir() [function.chdir]: No such file or directory (errno 2) in D:\virtualservers\whmcs_new\modules\support\kayako\integrate.php on line 34
    Warning: main(/kayako/swift/index.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in D:\virtualservers\whmcs_new\modules\support\kayako\integrate.php on line 38
    Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/kayako/swift/index.php' (include_path='.;c:\php4\pear') in D:\virtualservers\whmcs_new\modules\support\kayako\integrate.php on line 38

12. fieldsg

fieldsg Member

I have been getting this for 3 days. I opened a ticket with Kayako and they state it is a bug, and should have been fixed in the last CVS. However, still not working. Will update with any news.

13. cyberneticos

14. hbidad

I thought Kayako already addressed this and mentioned it couldn't be done?

15. cyberneticos

I must have missed that.

Can anyone confirm this ? If it can't ,. any way to hardcode it ? Or eliminate it ?

Shouldn't be too hard it seems.

16. hbidad

17. fieldsg

fieldsg Member

Now I get this:

Code:

Warning: fopen(./cache/63c00a3343841931a397d54e88630ef8.php) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/<user>/public_html/support/includes/SmartyLight/class.template.php on line 890

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/<user>/public_html/support/includes/SmartyLight/class.template.php on line 891

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/<user>/public_html/support/includes/SmartyLight/class.template.php on line 892

Any Ideas? Guess I will wait until next CVS that is released addresses bugs

18. fieldsg

fieldsg Member

Well, I have decided that Kayako integration is a joke. The development team never seems to respond to a ticket until 3am. Then I respond, wait another 18 hours for a response, etc. It is a joke. I am using the STABLE FULLY WORKING WHMCS built-in helpdesk. It may be as powerful as Kayako, but guess what...Kayako is **** right now wit WHMCS integration. So, to me WHMCS is more powerful than Kayako for 1 major reason...it actually works. Maybe Kayako should hire Matt as a developer because Matt gets bugs worked out, and actually keeps up to his word on fixing issues. I have waited 3 days for Kayako developers to work out a bug, and nothing yet. I have a ticket open, but again...they only respond at early am hours when I am trying to get some sleep. So, WHMCS helpdesk it is. I only renewed my support to Kayako for the integration...seems I wasted money at this moment. Will not happen again.

19. cyberneticos

This integration IS WORKING. You can see it for your self. Go to CyberNETicos Hosting SL - AdministraciĆ³n register yourself, and send me a ticket , I will respond, and you can see it in your ticket list ! TA DA !

So what you need to figure out is how to install it correctly. And personally even though things haven't gone as fast as they could, Kayako staff IS answering every request that's made in a timely fashion.

But hey, you are free to do whatever the heck ya want.

20. graziano68

graziano68 Established Member

How should we still wait for a stable 3.12.00 ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.