1. The forum you are viewing relates to Kayako 3, which reached end of life in 2012. Please be aware that a lot of information relating to features, sales and the roadmap in the Kayako 3 forums is now outdated or defunct (i.e. plain wrong!).

If unsure about anything, please create a new thread or contact us.

You can visit the main forums for the latest Kayako here.

SupportSuite 3.20.02 lost swedish characters

Discussion in 'Kayako 3 Forums' started by martin.bergman, Aug 1, 2008.

1. martin.bergman

martin.bergman New Member

Hi all,

Yesterday I received e-mails about our "åäö"-characters showing up as all kinds of wierd characters.

I therefore tried changing the language setting encoding on our swedish language to UTF-8. When that didn't solve the problem (made it worse) I switched back to ISO-8859-1.

Since then, the emails won't send åäö in the correct charset at all.

What I've tried to solve this problem:

* Removed all languagepacks except the default and edited locale/en-us/en-us.php to change all UTF-8 to ISO-8859-1
    * Added a new Language-pack in swedish for version 3.20.02
    * Tried it's UTF-8 encoding
    * Tried Switching to iso-8859-1

I can se a subtle difference between using UTF-8 and ISO-8859-1 but none of them turns out correct in the mails sent.

Also if open the source of the email, I can clearly read the message with the right characters, so it seems as though the problem is in the emails head or something.

Here's a sample:

[FONT=&quot]夶夶[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    V[/FONT][FONT=&quot]䮬[/FONT][FONT=&quot]iga H[/FONT][FONT=&quot]䬳[/FONT][FONT=&quot]ningar / Best Regards,
    Martin Bergman

Arraytickethistory Martin Bergman (Staff) Posted On: 2008-07-31 16:19 [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    ń[/FONT][FONT=&quot]օ[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Ė
    V[/FONT][FONT=&quot]䮬[/FONT][FONT=&quot]iga H[/FONT][FONT=&quot]䬳[/FONT][FONT=&quot]ningar / Best Regards,
    Martin Bergman

Martin Bergman (Staff) Posted On: 2008-07-31 16:21 [/FONT]

I run kayako on IIS on a windows server 2003.

Very grateful for help.

Regards,
    Martin Bergman

2. martin.bergman

martin.bergman New Member

BUMP:

Since I emptied my cache, I have noticed that if I create a ticket and email it, the swedish characters appear correct.

If I get a respons to that ticket and then in return answers the same ticket, the characters get messed up.

Ideas?

3. Bashar

Bashar Established Member

found a solution?