Survey sent to closed tickets keeps bouncing back and forth with non valid email addresses.

Discussion in 'Using your helpdesk' started by RobertBasil, Mar 15, 2012.

1. RobertBasil

RobertBasil Member

Survey sent to closed tickets keeps bouncing back and forth with non valid email addresses.

We send out the survey email whenever a ticket is closed, but whenever we get an email ticket from and email address that is not valid the system keeps looping because the survey email request keeps bouncing back to our system opening the ticket back up. I've tried a parsing rule to not auto respond to a certain invalid email address.

#1. That did not work. (See my rule below). The parser only works for auto-reponders that are sent out when the email ticket first arrives (not for the survey email when it is closed).

#2. Even if the rule did work, we would have to make a different rule for every single invalid email address even before we know that are not valid.

How are others who send out the survey email handeling this when you get an email ticket from a non valid email address?

The rule that did not work.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1487/Screen Shot 2012-03-14 at 6.05.25 PM.png

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1487/Screen Shot 2012-03-14 at 6.05.53 PM.png

2. Drew Keller

Drew Keller Just one person in a world of millions.

Robert as per my comment on your other thread.

I dont use the survey becuas eit is so limited so I always have it turned off, but you could set up a status that does not send the Survey.

Admin CP > Tickets > Stautuses > then on Options, Trigger SUrvey Email = No.

This would then be a training issue for your staff.

but is the subject etc has constant text then you can set up a rule on mail parser to ignore email.

If you have the standard rules setup have a look at the Undeliverable: rule.

You can even just add or criteria to this rule, so although a survey is triggered the responding Address does not exist email will be discarded.

3. Salman

Salman Established Member

I am unable to find this rule. Can someone help?