1. Kayako Download customers: we will continue to develop and support Kayako Download beyond July 2017, alongside the new Kayako for existing customers.

Find out more.

2. The forum you are viewing relates to Kayako Classic. If you signed up or upgraded to the new Kayako (after the 4th July 2016), the information in this thread may not apply to you. You can visit the forums for the new Kayako here.

Take option

Discussion in 'Using Kayako Classic' started by Pedro Reis, Nov 3, 2011.

1. Pedro Reis

Pedro Reis Established Member

When a technician "takes" a ticket, only the owner is changed , not the status. Is there a way of configuring this option to change the ticket status to "in-progress" ?

2. Gary McGrath

Gary McGrath Staff Member

Hi Pedro,

I am afraid that is not possible without changing the base code, I have not checked, but I would not imagine the code change would massive.

Gary

3. MobileNow

MobileNow Reputed Member

Hi Pedro,
    What we do is we've created a workflow called "Assign to Me" that all of our staff members use which assigns them to the ticket and changes the status from Open to In-Progress.

4. Pedro Reis

Pedro Reis Established Member

thanks.

5. masterctrl1

masterctrl1 Kayako Guru

Is this one workflow rule that any staff member can use, or a workflow for each member?
    What criteria did you configure?
    Thanks.

6. Gary McGrath

Gary McGrath Staff Member

I beleive you just use under actions assign to "active staff" to make it apply to the user executing the workflow

Gary

7. MobileNow

MobileNow Reputed Member

Yes, that is correct. I used "Active Staff" in order to assign it to the staff member who clicked the "Assign to Me" button.

8. Hi Gary,

can you point me where's the procedure of "take" in sources?

9. found __apps/tickets/staff/class.Controller_Ticket.php :)

10. after line 1170 add
    $_SWIFT_TicketObject->SetStatus(x);

where x is the current number of your "in-progress" status