1. Kayako Download customers: we will continue to develop and support Kayako Download beyond July 2017, alongside the new Kayako for existing customers.

Find out more.

2. The forum you are viewing relates to Kayako Classic. If you signed up or upgraded to the new Kayako (after the 4th July 2016), the information in this thread may not apply to you. You can visit the forums for the new Kayako here.

Template Group Editing

Discussion in 'Using Kayako Classic' started by Jeff Jeff, Oct 26, 2017.

1. Jeff Jeff

Jeff Jeff New Member

Hello -

I have just setup a new Department, User Group, and Template group. All of which match in name. Tests were successful. Emails received by users have the correct name, and signature line. However, i want to edit this template, change the wording, and remove the Helpdesk URL. I have been through the entirety of my new template group's templates, and no matter what changes i make, and save, the changes aren't reflected in subsequent tests.

What am i doing wrong? Here is an example:

Thanks for the assist.

Test Reply

Test Company Support Team

Ticket Details
    Ticket ID: 4437
    Department: Test Company Support
    Type: Trouble/Bug Ticket

2. supportskins

supportskins Kayako Guru

After you edit the email templates, make sure you rebuild the software cache to make sure the changes are brought into effect.
  3. Joe Kalin

Joe Kalin New Member

I am having the same problem. Rebuilt the cache and changes did not take affect. I saw this error inthe logs. could it have something to do with it?
    Uncaught Exception: The compile directory must be writable, chmod "./__swift/cache\" to make it writable in .\__swift\thirdparty\dwoo\Dwoo.php:678

#0 C:\inetpub\wwwroot\LiveSites\InstantAccept\Support\__swift\thirdparty\dwoo\Dwoo.php(253): Dwoo->setCompileDir('./__swift/cache')
    #1 C:\inetpub\wwwroot\LiveSites\InstantAccept\Support\__swift\library\TemplateEngine\class.SWIFT_TemplateEngine.php(120): Dwoo->__construct('./__swift/cache', './__swift/cache')
    #2 C:\inetpub\wwwroot\LiveSites\InstantAccept\Support\__swift\library\TemplateEngine\class.SWIFT_TemplateEngine.php(844): SWIFT_TemplateEngine->__construct(1)
    #3 C:\inetpub\wwwroot\LiveSites\InstantAccept\Support\__swift\library\class.SWIFT.php(16): SWIFT_TemplateEngine::LoadEngine()
    #4 C:\inetpub\wwwroot\LiveSites\InstantAccept\Support\__swift\library\class.SWIFT.php(16): SWIFT->Initialize()
    #5 C:\inetpub\wwwroot\LiveSites\InstantAccept\Support\__swift\swift.php(16): SWIFT::GetInstance()
    #6 C:\inetpub\wwwroot\LiveSites\InstantAccept\Support\visitor\index.php(29): require_once('C:\inetpub\wwwr...')
    #7 {main}
  4. Gurpreet Singh

Gurpreet Singh Staff Member

Hey Joe,

The reported error message seems to be occurring due to insufficient permissions on Kayako installation directories on the server. Please follow the instructions in the document below and update the permissions on Kayako directories:

You may get in touch with your server admin to make the required changes on the server. This should solve the problem.
  5. Joe Kalin

Joe Kalin New Member

Now I do not have access to Altassian.

I have an account, however Altassian gives the Did you use wrong account message.

I attempted to hit reset password and received the same thing
  6. Joe Kalin

Joe Kalin New Member

Here is what I did for the password -

Attempted to log in using my Kayako Altassian email. Reset password first and received the email. Then selected reset password and received message - did you use wrong account. Attempted to create new account using my Kayako Altassian email and received message - account already exist. So I cannot reset my password to my Kayako Altassian account