1. Kayako Download customers: we will continue to develop and support Kayako Download beyond July 2017, alongside the new Kayako for existing customers.

Find out more.

2. The forum you are viewing relates to Kayako Classic. If you signed up or upgraded to the new Kayako (after the 4th July 2016), the information in this thread may not apply to you. You can visit the forums for the new Kayako here.

Testing against another domain, redirecting back to original domain

Discussion in 'Installation and setup (Kayako Classic Download)' started by NC Software, Dec 28, 2017.

1. NC Software

NC Software Member

I have a DEV domain registered with my license key. As maintenance has expired I need to test carefully the 4.90 release prior to deciding to update from 4.80.2. For example sake SITE1 is the production site. SITE1DEV is the dev domain. I backed up the site1 database and restored it to site1dev for testing. I copied the web files and then copied in and performed the upgrade to 4.90.1. When I login to the staff portal it's redirecting me to SITE1, I assume due to some configuration setting. Is there a way to override this so I can get in to the dev database and change the URL? Otherwise I cannot test the dev setup.

2. supportskins

supportskins Kayako Guru

Assuming you have a license key for the dev domain, you will have to change the "Product URL" on your dev database. Run the following query on the dev database and rebuild the software cache:

Code:
    UPDATE swsettings SET data='http://www.devdomain.com/' WHERE vkey = 'general_producturl';

mike2942132 likes this.
  3. NC Software

NC Software Member

Thanks but when trying to go to SITE1DEV/staff (or admin) it's going back to SITE1 after login.

mike2942132 likes this.
  4. supportskins

supportskins Kayako Guru

Did you change the product URL in the database? You also need to rebuild the software cache.

mike2942132 likes this.
  5. NC Software

NC Software Member

I can't login to the admin to clear it. I did try cycling the IIS site and app pool but that made no difference. I don't know if it's a license key problem that may be redirecting it, not sure. I think I'm going to just pass on 4.90 as it seems like just a CSS change and I'm not sure I like it. Too risky now with maintenance expired. 4.80 works fine.

mike2942132 likes this.
  6. supportskins

supportskins Kayako Guru

The software would ideally redirect you to the original domain if the Product URL in the database is still the original one. I see no other reason.

mike2942132 likes this.