1. Kayako Download customers: we will continue to develop and support Kayako Download beyond July 2017, alongside the new Kayako for existing customers.

Find out more.

The ultimate Kayako Integration solution - SLO, SSO and automatic user sync all in one

Discussion in 'Offers' started by hwevers, Feb 24, 2011.

1. indesigns

indesigns Established Member

I'd installed RC4 but in the kayako admin cp >> modules it says "1.0 RC1". Just see you got a newer version RC5. I tried to force upgrade in kayako admin cp >> modules, it has the same numbers.

Problem #1
    ===========
    kayako admin cp >> breincoach >> settings >> Plugin General Details
    1/ have whmcs as slave
    try to log in and get "Plugin file not present or not readable: "

2/ have whmcs as master
    try to login and get "Invalid email or password"

both users are already in kayako and whmcs.

Questions
    ============
    1/ where do I upload the key? kayako root directory?
    2/ in our current kayako v3 and whmcs we have users in both databases. but users login to whmcs to gave access to kayako and whmcs. will this plugin sync with existing users?

2. indesigns

having whmcs as a "master" I got this error below. here BREIN_WHMCS.inc, you have a space at the end like this "BREIN_WHMCS .inc. Once I deleted the space it works.

[Warning]: SWIFT_BREIN_Integration::integrationHelper(./__modules/breincoach/includes/BREIN_WHMCS.inc) [swift-brein-integration.integrationhelper]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory (library/class.SWIFT_BREIN_Integration.php:148)

Still testing here but so far I am logged in both kayako/whmcs.

3. indesigns

here is one of my tests

I am able to login either having whmcs as a master and slave. I am using kayako GUI template and with the changes to login/logout for breincoach. having whmcs as slave, when I update the organization info or user profile in kayako, it does not whmcs DB. when I have whmcs as master, and make changes in whmcs user profile, it does not update kayako user profile.

4. indesigns

also when I logout of kayako I am not auto logout of whmcs.

5. hwevers

hwevers Established Member

Wow, a lot of testing. I prefer to handle this through my email addres, but since you are here, ok lets see:
    -- Plugin file not present or not readable: configuration issue. probably many of the other issues come from this error too. My fault, somewhere in the line
    a space has been inserted before the extension of the WHMCS.inc plugin file. I have uploaded an upgrade below that solves this problem. Also Fusion should now indicate an upgrade is needed.

Please try again after upgrading, most errors will be gone. One remark about cookie path: This is important and should mirror your installation. To find the correct value on your system log in manually to whmcs and look at the cookies (if you don't know how to do that send me a valid login name/password and the url of your site and I'll tell you). You will see a cookie with the name WHMCSUID. Use the cookiepath of that cookie in the fuim setup page.
    Attached is the new version. If all is well the license key will go into the Fusion base directory.
    In the next message I'll show my settings for a testsite with WHMCS and Fusion as an example.
    Henk

Attached Files:

6. hwevers

[​IMG][​IMG]WHMCS settings example
    FUIM_WHMCSSETTINGS_1.jpg FUIM_WHMCSSETTINGS_2.jpg FUIM_WHMCSSETTINGS_3.jpg FUIM_WHMCSSETTINGS_2.jpg FUIM_WHMCSSETTINGS_3.jpg

7. hwevers

As for updating the userprofile, if you set pluginmode to slave, changes in WHMCS will be copied to Kayako. With master it is the other way around. Just the opposite you tried. I should explain this a little bit more in the doc I guess.
    Note that you can only update userdata that is common for Fusion and WHMCS. Also I have limited the number of fields in the inc file to a bare minimum. Try changing the password in the master. This should result in an update of the password of the slave, eg when the setting is SLAVE , changing the password in WHMCS will result in a password change in Fusion
    Tip: Set debugging to ON and look at the debug screen. This will give you a good view on what is happening "under the hood"
    Henk

8. hwevers

As for syncing existing users, When the plugin (read fusion) is set as slave, the user is logged in to both Fusion and WHMCS if a valid userrecord exists in WHMCS. If a userrecord does not exist in Fusion then a new record is created. Bottom line, the slave follows (copies) the master.
    Henk

9. indesigns

ok. sounds like best to have kayako = master and whmcs = slave

the one thing I like about kayako v4 is that you can group users per organization. In whmcs I don't think you can. with the organization is have one area where is the address and domains emails will come from.

Is it possible and you might want to talk to the community here with whmcs/kayako is have kayako update whmcs database with address 1, address 2, city, zip code, country, phone number and I think there are a few others. Then when a user logins in kayako interface and update the organization cause they are the "manager", it would be nice it updates all the users in whmcs that is associated with this organization as for contact info. Just a thought. Again better to get input from the community.

I am still testing and see how this works. keep you posted.

10. indesigns

I tried with whmcs = slave and whmcs = master. for some reason sso is not working for me through kayako user GUI. I get this in the logs

Block 2:Sync remote userrecord to local
    Block 3: Local authentication
    Block 5: Login to Remote
    Block 6: Login Local

full path to host, does it need / at the beginning and end?
    full url to host, does it need / at the end?

tried this too. many others had better luck

11. Priest

Priest Established Member

Hi, this look sgreat. Is it integrated with Magento yet? I'd love to test it if it is, or beta test when you do start the integration.

12. indesigns

hwevers,
    I am going to PM you. having no luck here at it is probably something at my end.

13. hwevers

@indesign full path to host: see example: home/breintst/public_html/whmcs , however I do strip slashes when needed
    full url to host: http://www.breincoachtest.com/whmcs , as above a slahs at the end should not hurt.
    See that you have login working, logout will work too after setting the cookie path correct. Will answer in the PM

@Priest: Magento integration is high on the list. As I have done the JFusion Magento plugin this should not be a problem, just takes some time. Hopefully a betaplugin is available next week Send me a PM if you are willing to betatest.

@all First new plugins to be published: Oscommerce and clones. betatesters needed for OSCommerce 2, 3, Osc Zen, Osc SEO and Osc Max .

14. CyberHostPro

CyberHostPro Member

Hi

Looks a good plugin! we will want this for WHMCS... probably will wait for a stable build to use on a production kayako/whmcs system.

15. hwevers

The module is stable and has now version number 1.0.0. I have attached this version, that includes a license for all domains until May, 3 2011.
    The WHMCS plugin is included. You can disable the modulke completely by one click, setting it to disabled on the settings page.
    Henk

Attached Files:

16. indesigns

@cyberhostpro,
    I have tested it with whmcs 4.4.2 and latest kayako V4 4.01.204 and it works like magic. The key is both have to be in the same domain or subdomain or don't work. I also tested where I put kayako V4 login fields on external pages and this works too. You log in to kayako and you will be auto login to whmcs ... so one SSO. same with logout. This is as far as I got in testing. hwevers has been a great helped.

Love to hear your testing and see what worked and not worked for you.

17. Master Merlin

Master Merlin Member

Greetings,

The WHMCS SSO works fine but the SLO doesn't seem to be working... You've got to login twice... what's the difference between a loginshare module and this plugin then?

Regards,
    Neven Golenić

18. hwevers

If the SLO is not working you have either an error in the settings or you are running Fusion and WHMCS on different domains. If you are running them on the same domain then check your cookiedomain and cookiepath settings these are critical and there is no room for errors here.
    I do have a install/setup service (€ 50) with a money back guarantee. If I cannot make it to work, you get you money back. As long as the integration and fusion are on the same domain I have never had to pay back :)

As for the difference with a standard loginshare module. There are more user data synchronized, including password, and with Fusion Master the userdata is synced TO WHMCS. This is not possible wityh a standard loginshare setup.
    Henk

19. Master Merlin

Master Merlin Member

Greetings,

I do not wish to pay 50 euros, thank you anyway. Could you please explain which cookie path should be set for WHMCS in this case:
    home/blala/public_html/clients <--whmcs instance
    home/blala/public_html/support <---kayako instance

Your installation guide says the cookiepath should be /whmcs/ (in my case /clients/) if in subdirectory whmcs. I've set all my settings according to your guide, so it seems the information is misleading...

20. Master Merlin

Master Merlin Member

No reply :(?