1. Kayako Download customers: we will continue to develop and support Kayako Download beyond July 2017, alongside the new Kayako for existing customers.

Find out more.

2. The forum you are viewing relates to Kayako Classic. If you signed up or upgraded to the new Kayako (after the 4th July 2016), the information in this thread may not apply to you. You can visit the forums for the new Kayako here.

Thousands of Spam Tickets

Discussion in 'Using Kayako Classic' started by Lt Dan, Jul 23, 2018.

1. Lt Dan

Lt Dan New Member

Logged in this morning to find thousands upon thousands of Spam Tickets. All of them are written in russian.

Is there a way to:

1. Limit the countrys who can create a ticket to the USA?

2. Limit the language used to English only?

3. Or any other way to prevent this happening again.

It is still happening as I write this although it has slowed down.

2. bear

bear Kayako Guru

Are they being sent manually at the desk or via email?
    In either case, you might consider reviewing to see what IP addresses are hitting the server to see if it's one source you can block.

3. Lt Dan

Lt Dan New Member

I guess they are being manually created at the desk. I of course receive the notification of the ticket via email.

Ваша заявка на получение федеральной выплаты оформлена
    ------------------------------------------------------

Ticket ID: JSC-369-39914

URL: https://www.speedysoftusa.com/support/staff/index.php?/Tickets/Ticket/View/7787

Name: <h1>Максим!</h1><h3>Ваш счет пополнен на 88 912 р Получите перейдя по ссылке<br><br><a href='http://jule437.blsl2.top/?speedysoftusa=16'>Открыть!</a></h3><div style='display:none '>

Email address: martini.1992@inbox.ru

Creator: User

Department: General

Staff (Owner): -- Unassigned --

Type: Issue

Priority: Low

Template group: Default

Created: 23 July 2018 10:08 AM

Updated: 23 July 2018 10:08 AM

Максим

4. bear

bear Kayako Guru

I'd check your logs to see what IP address(es) are accessing that form from RU locations, and see about blocking at the doc root level. It may be only one, or more likely a range of IPs.

5. skilled

skilled New Member

Did you disable Captcha in Ticket submit?

6. supportskins

supportskins Kayako Guru

Enable CAPTCHA for ticket submission for the client side of the helpdesk. We too had this issue which got resolved with CAPTCHA.